Can anyone compile a 64 bit Mac version of Transverb?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this time it should be ok

=> Transverb VST 64 bit for mac

=> the source code

presets created on Window should load fine (but old presets created on old Mac version may bug, that's a "todo" for the motivated)

Thankyou so much - working now :)

This is one of the few old plugins I just can't replace.

Chris@Feeltune wrote:this time it should be ok

=> Transverb VST 64 bit for mac

=> the source code

presets created on Window should load fine (but old presets created on old Mac version may bug, that's a "todo" for the motivated)
Thanks for the updated sources! I was able to build with XCode 7.1.1 and test run the plugin in Reaper. (64 bit of course ;) )

Hi,
Big fan of the Transverb. Unfortunately it is crashing ableton live on loading project if plugin was used.
I am on Mac computer. All software is updated.

.at/on wrote:Hi,
Big fan of the Transverb. Unfortunately it is crashing ableton live on loading project if plugin was used.
What OS-X version?

Xenakios wrote:
.at/on wrote:Hi,
What OS-X version?

Mac osx 10.11.5
Live 9.6.1

Thank you for looking at this.

I can provide the files for Roland Edirol H-Q Orchestral. Do you think you can port it to be read on a modern Mac? I had to use Mac OS 9 to get it installed but I can also install it in the "Classic" environment within 10.3.

You have the source code?

No.

Well, if you don't have the source code, how can anyone create the OS X version?

Exactly

Not to mention the small issue of permission

Hello,

It would be super awesome to have a modern 64-bit version of Detroy FX dfx Buffer Override for macOS. It’s hands down the best buffer effect of all time.

I used it a lot back in the days, playing it like an instrument using hardware MIDI controllers. It was very responsive, reliable, predictable and controllable. A real joy to use. I never found a worthwhile alternative.

I’m currently using the newer AU version, loaded into a DDMF Metaplugin VST instance. It loads this way and processes audio. Unfortunately, MIDI and native automation don’t work well enough to make it usable: too much lags, drop outs and unpredictability.

I’m not a coder unfortunately, so I can’t help much in this area. However, I am very familiar with the plugin as a user and would be happy to betatest it.

Cheers

Here is a zip of the source code for dfx Buffer Override: http://micronautics.free.fr/DFX_Buffer_ ... ources.zip

Xenakios wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:14 pm Sure is a blast from the past, even the source code is in a .sit (StuffIt) archive. :)

I don't have high hopes this can be built on a new XCode version, but I can take a look.

edit : Sigh, what a pain. Just to be able to open the .sit file, have to install Stuffit Expander and the developer of that requires giving an email address. :x
Have you thought about installing The Unarchiver? I have it installed to cover compression formats not supported natively, and it supports Stuffit.

It's in the App Store, and best of all it's free.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”