Problems with plugin and synthedit

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I being having some problems with some of my plugins when also used with some SynthEdit plugins at the same time, because it messes up my plugins (but not the synthedit one)

What I have found is that some SynthEdit plugin alter the paramaters of my plugins so causing sound problems

Is this a know problem and is there a way around it?

I do all the programming using Delphi and TobyBears VST SDK

Any feedback would be most welcome

Cheers

Jon : CoFX

No known problem so far, at least as far as I know.

I suppose the SynthEdit plugin is altering memory locations it is not supposed to, causing other plugins to behave in strange ways. Avoid using global variables in your Delphi project, by the way, this causes problems with two instances of the same plugin...

Cheers

Toby

www.tobybear.de

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. I've had problems with SoloString , from my checking it alters the values of the plugins local parameters , for instance it alters the value of filter type to always be one value

Is there any way to protect variables so they are not altereable by any other program ?

Cheers

Jon

Is there any way to protect variables so they are not altereable by any other program ?
This should be the task of the operating system! What OS do you use by the way? You might also check if your plugin simply does not receive any VST parameter automation data or MIDI data that makes it behave like that. Other than that, I don't know of any way to protect your memory.

Cheers

Toby

www.tobybear.de

PS: A new Delphi VST template version with a totally new approach is currently in the works.

Hi there

I've had report about this in FruityLoops under Windows 98. Hmm I'll have further look and see if I can see what's going wrong. It's not a major problem just a bit annoying

Look forward to seeing the new SDK

Cheers

Jon

This might be related the fact that fruity sends a midi reset to the plugin when you play a song. Plugins like atmosphere always gets its filter release parameter set to zero, which is extremely annoying. The only way you can sort it out is to use a midi out generator or a dashboard and set up the controller so that it is 'init song with this position'. Grief, but it seems to work.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”