New Advanced Sequencer for Reaktor

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I want to post information here about my new sequencer for Reaktor 6.1.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/11365/ (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/11365/)

Bento 16 Steps x 4 is a modded sequencer that blends the Bento 8 Steps Sequencer setup with some of the data management style of the Bento 4Mods modulation sequencer. It is a full-featured step sequencer designed for large scale song design. Bento 16 STEPS x 4 extends the 8 step paradigm to 16 Steps but offers the ability for those different patterns to have different channels (1-16) can be configured and sequenced in any order, allowing users to construct very long and complex patterns. Options related to this option are available under the SEQUENCER panel. Whats more, the global sequence can be played back in varying directions (similar to how specific channels can be played back) and in relation to a step length up to 16 bars long.

Before continuing, I want everyone to know how much time I spent designing this. It has been my project for almost 5 months now. I have done nothing else in Reaktor. I am releasing it free to the community but I would love to see some kind of return on my investment.

Please click this link to donate: http://paypal.me/outsomn/5/ (http://paypal.me/outsomn/5/)

The asking donation is 5 dollars but if you don't want to give that much please consider a lower amount. 10 cents from someone would still mean a lot. I made this out of my passion for Reaktor and would very much like to see something in return. Thank you all for taking the time to explore this block.

In addition to the Pitch, Slide, Velocity and Gate outputs, of the original Bento sequencer, it features Probability, Hold and Roll. For a more in depth description of these three new features, click a knob of that function group.

These different modes are selected using the drop-down menu next each track inside the PARAMETERS panel. Each option will bring up a different sequence of values.

Gates are handled in the same way as its predecessor.

For simplicity sake, Mod A/B modulation has been removed. Instead, several parameters can be modulated directly from this block's input port. PATTERN, DIRECTION, FREEZE, LENGTH OF FREEZE, STEP LENGTH AND OFFSET all can be modulated in this fashion. In order to do so, press MOD, found inside the SETTINGS panel.

The DIRECTION control allows you change the playback behaviour of the sequencer, from playback in different directions to random playback. Furthermore, the STEPS and OFFSET controls let you define the length and position of the sequence, making it possible to create many variations of the same sequence by only changing two parameters.

This block also supports synchronization between two or more iterations of this block. With one version action as the Master and one acting as the Slave. Simply connect SReset on the Master to Reset on the
Slave and SPos on the Master block to Pattern on the Slave. The you will need to make sure the MOD option is selected for the PATTERN knob. This will synchronize both block.

For the user's convienence all parameters can be reset to zero by hitting INIT.

GATES AND PARAMETERS can be muted by pressing M on either side of sequencer inside the GATES and PARAMETERS panels. Left of the sequence is for PARAMETERS and Right is for muting the gates.

Each Track outputs Gate, Pitch and a selectable CV source. Typically the CV out for each track is best used as velocity but length, probability, slide, hold and roll are options as well. These can be changed inside the SETTINGS panel.

In order to sync two instances of Bento 16 x 4:
1. Connect the master instance’s SReset output to the Slave Instances’ Reset input.
2. Connect Master’s SPos output to the Slave Instances’ input.
3. Click SETTINGS tab in the slave instance and Turn on MOD.
4. A Grey asterisk will appear next to the PATTERN KNOB, click that.
5. The two sequencers will now be in sync!

Enjoy!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”