Hobbyists for a Synth Team!

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys I’m looking to put together a Synth team. I like to pitch a project with a great idea to anyone who will hear one at this time. Just ask me to send you a non disclosure via adobe sign by email and I can show you a really good project and synth idea
Last edited by Ndustry99 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I assume you’ve read this sticky post ?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=194452&sid=20810ab ... 06d29d2435

Yes I tried to apologize for doing this the worst thing someone can do. But I promise I’m up to something really cool and I have a must hear project for anyone getting into a project right now that will be really fun and educational!

What sort of budget do you have? How much are you offering to developers who might be interested in signing on? Is this a contract or salaried position?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It’s an equal share project, as for right now all the main contributors will get an equal share of the project. But there are two projects and we can look the merge them if most want to be in on both.

Our starting goal is 5000 sales at $99 split 10 ways or $50,000 from a part time project over a few years.

So you’re asking people to work for free with the promise of possible revenue sharing somewhere down the line? Why would any established developer do that?

Ndustry99 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:11 pm Yes I tried to apologize for doing this the worst thing someone can do. But I promise I’m up to something really cool and I have a must hear project for anyone getting into a project right now that will be really fun and educational!

educational for who exactly?

The customers

deastman wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 pm So you’re asking people to work for free with the promise of possible revenue sharing somewhere down the line? Why would any established developer do that?
I’m not established
It’s not possible revenue sharing it’s a team. Like when you form a team to create an organization. Like a hobby to get into that has a payoff..

Ndustry99 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:10 pm
deastman wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 pm So you’re asking people to work for free with the promise of possible revenue sharing somewhere down the line? Why would any established developer do that?
I’m not established
It’s not possible revenue sharing it’s a team. Like when you form a team to create an organization. Like a hobby to get into that has a payoff..
I think your living in the 2000’s where developers had millions to spend and everyone was going to sell a million synths but everyone went broke because they only sold ten thousand. I’m considering 5000 sales a success here

Think about that if they only sell ten thousand to customers not that many people actually make them. That’s why I came here. See if anyone has free time and wants to join a synth team for a hobby.

Anyway I’m sorry I can’t tell you everything without a non disclosure, you’ll have to accept this practice of mine or just tease me and not find out

Perhaps you could answer some generic questions...

In what sense is it "educational?" (eg: music theory, production techniques, some unrelated subject)
Describe your target market? (eg: children, students, musicians, general public)
What format do you want to release as? (eg: plugin, standalone, smartphone)
Identify a competitor product if one exists?

mutantdog wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:03 pm Perhaps you could answer some generic questions...

In what sense is it "educational?" (eg: music theory, production techniques, some unrelated subject)
Describe your target market? (eg: children, students, musicians, general public)
What format do you want to release as? (eg: plugin, standalone, smartphone)
Identify a competitor product if one exists?
I would love too and I’m sure you would like your response but these questions need a non disclosure otherwise I’d be giving away the idea. If I can get you to sign one we can talk all about it and maybe you can help me get some more people.
Last edited by Ndustry99 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ndustry99 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm
Ndustry99 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:10 pm
I’m not established
I think your living in the 2000’s where developers had millions to spend and everyone was going to sell a million synths but everyone went broke because they only sold ten thousand. I’m considering 5000 sales a success here

Think about that if they only sell ten thousand to customers not that many people actually make them. That’s why I came here. See if anyone has free time and wants to join a synth team for a hobby.
No, I’m living in this place called “reality”, where skilled audio DSP developers do not sign NDA’s to sign onto someone else’s vision of a fun hobby which is simultaneously an unpaid, speculative business venture to sell some small number of products into some vaguely defined educational market.

You are not the first person to come here with such grand visions. It happens all the time. I’m sure you won’t be the last. But the reality is that what you’re looking for is not practical or realistic. My recommendation is that you acquire the necessary skills and develop this product on your own. You mentioned being a math whiz, so that already puts you ahead of the game. I don’t know where you’re at with programming experience, but I suggest brushing up on your C++, look at the JUCE libraries, download the VST framework, and get to work.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”