Multi-platform frameworks for VST/AU/AAX/etc.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mystran wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:11 pm
shabby wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:42 pm The only big issue I've found with it so far is it takes 5 secs to load up my very basic VST3 in reaper. I don't know why that is yet - GPU init code or some VST3 funk going on - I will found out later.
On Windows using OpenGL can take a few seconds to load and there's not a whole lot you can do about it, though it's usually worse for the first OpenGL plugin you load and less of an issue after that.

Unfortunately Direct3D can cause some issues in some hosts (eg. at least older version of FL if the plugin windows isn't detached) as the GDI and Direct3D don't always synchronize properly. OpenGL seems to go through a different code-path and doesn't have this issue.
Hi Mystran - I think it's something other than the usual GL context allocation and setup - it's far longer than the normal time for that stuff. I'm going to investigate it later on and see what's going on with it.

5 secs sounds too long. Please post a github issue with a lot of details about your system, maybe we can work out why that might happen.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”