Come back from the dead!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dunno. The fact that we're still discussing this, after all those years, shows that we still still care. The fact that Jørgen can't be bothered to answer support questions shows that he doesn't care.

He made a great product once, and he deserves credit for more-or-less single-handedly delivering VST to linux. Then again, he promised a bare ext2 in which all those ext1 features would shortly follow… except that never happened. An ampsim happened, soundcloud export happened, but a busload of ext1 features were never implemented.

I mean, promising stuff and not delivering is one thing, but promising stuff, not delivering and then going off the radar is something else. Yes I know he never charged for upgrades, but it's still not a particularly good look.

There was also the refocusing of efforts into a mobile app that didn’t really amount to much.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/energy ... t-software

Last edited by codec_spurt on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

drinking and posting never a good idea ...
:dog:
Last edited by experimental.crow on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi @codec_spurt!

I was hoping you'd show up, I just grabbed all your recent skins from another thread here and they are excellent! I realize my praise and appreciation is obviously far too little far too late and I had been away from KVR for a few years so I was kind of amazed to even see that the EnergyXT forum was still here and that people actually even replied to posts!!

It would be a shame to see your EnergyXT stuff get lost although I do understand that forums are a 2 edged sword (I closed my own AVL forum this past year due to lack of ability to provide consistent daily support).

I have my own hosting for AVL and I would be glad to give all of your Energy XT stuff (skins, templates etc) a stable a (relatively) permanent home, if you're interested shoot me a PM and we can figure it out!

Thanks for your generosity to share this stuff in that past, it's amazing what you've come up with for the relative constraints of the EnergyXT UI layout..

Last edited by codec_spurt on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Linux rocks! I just wanted to jump in on all the positivity here. I think it's so crazy that a program I bought for less than I'd spend in one night at the bar is still my main DAW. Like everyone else, I wish the creator would show his face so I could praise him.

@codec_spurt: A XT2 FAQ would be pretty cool. There is a blank page on the unofficial XT wiki and I think that would be a great place to publish it. I use the wiki mostly for the keyboard shortcuts, but there is some other helpful information there -- though it could be a lot more robust.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

is there a manual for ext1 somewhere? For some reason im not getting any sound out of it. I tried looking at the ext wiki but nothing. Sorry for off topic.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It's a big loss for the daws world.
If jorgen could open source it, it would be a dream come true.

EnergyXT died with 1.4
After that it all went downhill :(
Corrupted projects that no one could fix, no 64 or multicore support and working with a hardware company that put it to sleep were the last bullets for that workhorse.
It is sad as Jorgen was a really cool dude before all the drama roke loose.
I took as it was and moved on but keep coming hereonce a year just to check if a miracle happens.
Oh well ...
Peace, love and happiness to all (includin Jorgen)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

I remember the sense of excitement on here as energyXT was being developed. Everyone was rooting for Jorgen and energyXT 1.4 turned out to be awesome indeed. I wish it had been further developed from there, but yeah that's life, move on.

Edit*
Tried contacting him via support, lets see.
Duh

bungle wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 am Edit*
Tried contacting him via support, lets see.
any news?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

As you can see on his LinkedIn profile
he dropped energyXT officially in 2016 and
is a Senior Android Developer at FINN.no
since 2017 until present.

However: PLEASE refrain from harassing him on LinkedIn, he has moved on. So let it go.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/j%C3%B8rgen-aase-b76b8726/
Professional.

Return to “energyXT”