plugin request - plastique matrix midi remapper

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i tryed plastique's S-cc-matrix and it's great!
but i have some requests:

1- better resolution. the little squares in the matrix are so small... but it's not a big issue
2- selectable squares. just like in the s-midi-matrix plugin with a channelizer bar... like the one in s-midi-matrix (filter,note,cc,pat,pc,at,pb) but with selectable channels.

example: 1,2,3,4....16,as input
as input is selected by default, and if other channels are selected the cc's will be rechannelized.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

request for a s-note-matrix. it's expecially usefull for button matrix controllers like monome http://monome.org/
or diy controllers like midibox c64controller http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... d_as_input

it is the same of s-cc-matrix but for notes:
a note number from 0 to 127 will be converted programming on the matrix...

* channelizer function
* and the most important point: midi LEARN IN and LEARN OUT.
if activated, midi learn in and out will alternate. so if i have a monome controoler i can easily remap all the buttons just pressing first the button to be remapped (learn in) and then the key on my masterkeybord (learn out) relative to the note i want my controller button to be converted...

midi LEARN IN and LEARN OUT.

oh.... i forgot anothe suggestion for the s-note-matrix:
to add, in the "channelizer" bar (selectable for each little square of the matrix like in midi-matrix) a button to convert notes to cc (it's useful to control mute\solos in energy xt2, whose controller map does not recognize notes to control the parameters of mixer and vst...

Hi there,

Part 1 should be feasible, part 2 (s-note-matrix) I have to think about, but this should be OK as well - I planned to do something in this direction already .
Not too long ago I started to port a couple of my plugs to the new gui framework and basically I'm almost ready for new stuff, but this won't happen at least during this month, due to other work which takes almost all of my time at the moment.

I'll keep this on my list though, for beginning/mid august, when there are going to be more possibilities ;) These features can be added while updating the rest of the plugins.

here is an image of my custom made modular controller... only a part!!
i often feel the need to use vst remappers but it's very difficult using other plugins (like mungers). i'm enthusiast about s-cc-martix and midi matrix because of the efficiency of the concept.
i can get a large number of conversions in a very simple way.
i think that a "note" version is a must!

*another possible feature is to add dedicated controls for each point\square of the matrix for cc inertia, curve shape, scale... like in midipugCSII from acousmodules (another great midi plugin)

* why don't you add you plugins to asseca website or midiplugins website?

Whoa! Is that a Commodore 16?

neo geo looking controllers ftw ! :D

Just wanted to notify that I just started on the note-matrix right now (cc-matrix-V2 is finished already). It will approx. still take about 2-3 weeks (including all the testing and next week having a 7-22 work day without a chance to add something), until I'll finally be able to make it all public.
There'll be a thread of its own when the time has come (in the effect forum I guess, but maybe also a link from here ;)).

And indeed, those controllers look fab :) I'm planning to create something like a monome myself at some point (in a simpler variation just with piezos probably).

tag 4 later

:)

!!! Plastique,
This Note matrix vst plug might be what I've been tirelessly looking for!!!
Will it support midi multi-note-remapping (eg. press c5 on keyboard and output note is c3, or press note 60 on keyboard and note 61 is outputted into Vsti within DAW) Edit these mappings in real-time via plugin gui. A fair ammount of assignments possible in one instance of the plug?
I'll definately be keeping my eye on this thread!
Last edited by owendolmer on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wow, I love this! thanks for pointing this out, bobsled 8)

owendolmer wrote:Will it support midi multi-note-remapping (eg. press c5 on keyboard and output note is c3, or press note 60 on keyboard and note 61 is outputted into Vsti within DAW)
Yes. And also multiple output notes per input note (I already have a functional prototype here), so that you can e.g. map a single note to a chord :cool: And this is possible for every input note separately per preset, so that basically you can link from zero up to 128 output notes per input note (each on up to 16 different channels).
owendolmer wrote:Edit these mappings in real-time via plugin gui.
Yes.
owendolmer wrote:A fair ammount of assignments possible in one instance of the plug?
I think it will allow for ten to twenty presets per Bank (undecided yet due to amount of data to store), which will be changeable via Program Change messages, coupled with a hanging note protection system to allow using this live.

Can't wait for the release!
I'm sure I'm not the only one either.
Any rough ideas on a release date?
:tu:

Can't do much at the moment due to the currently long work-days - working at an exhibition from 7 to 22 each day this week - but still the plugin will be most likely finished about next week, as it seems I was much faster than I formerly expected already with the base work :cool:
Release time will be in two weeks approximately, alongside the other plugins (alltogether about 12 - 15 plugins), available free for both Win/Linux.

awesome!
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

...for Jaegerteam: i cannot answer to your pm. you disabled this function!

plastique: can notes be converted in cc's? i't useful to control switches in virtual synths or in xt mixers

Return to “energyXT”