HOWTO: EnergyXT2 on OS X

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bump...(don't want this one to get lost in the beta rush)

Uh except all you need to do now is download teh new mac version of XT. (for real)

Uh except all you need to do now is download teh new mac version of XT. (for real)
Thanks for the tip, but OSX eXT is no use to me at this stage because it can't run windows VSTs...thus the mucking around with darwine, jackwasio and jack (which I haven't yet got to show an asio driver in eXT with).

rounser wrote:Thanks for the heads-up!

I've followed the instructions in the original post (including moving the wineasio.dll.so file), but think I must be missing some steps...because eXT loads, but without an ASIO driver to set it to. The other apps I tried had the same problem.

So, after searching the net a bit, I went to Audio MIDI system settings for OSX and made an "aggregate machine", then set the "aggregate machine" as the interface in the Jackpilot preferences. Started Jackpilot, started eXT.

Still didn't work (i.e. no asio driver to select in eXT). Any ideas?
You need to register the wineasio.dll. You do this with regsvr32, which is located in the Wine.bundle. Assuming you just dragged the Darwine application to /Applications, simply run this command from the shell:

Code: Select all

/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/regsrv32 wineasio.dll
The output of this command should be:

Code: Select all

Successfully registered DLL wineasio.dll
Now, after you start Jack and fire up EnergyXT2 via Wine, you should then see the "Wine ASIO Driver" selected when you open Setup -> Audio.

Hope this helps,

w

Awesome - thanks heaps wwinfrey, will try this out soon. :)

just a small typo, it should be

/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/regsvr32 wineasio.dll

and it will work just fine

Okay, I'm missing something here: how do I get to the shell? Googling it now, will see how I go...

EDIT: Oh, okay...for anyone else following this that doesn't know, look at "Terminal" under "Utilities", then have some unix commands handy.

should be regsvr32 and not reg (space) svr32 :)
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

Has anyone gotten this to work on Leopard? I've installed JackOSX, JackWASIO, registered wineasio.dll, and started JackOSX with JackPilot. However, whenever I load an application with WINE and try to select the ASIO driver, the application crashes.

Yes, it works on 10.5.1, with a method you just described. Have you installed latest jackosx (0.75) and leopard ready darwine?

kejkz: Thanks for the tip! I had been using JackOSX .74. After upgrading to .75, it works!

I'm glad it works for you now :)

For some reason I can't get a midi signal working... the ports for my controller and the virtual IAC are showing up but nothing is being sent...
You are currently reading my signature.

Bump?
You are currently reading my signature.

the link for jackwasio is not working anymore. Anyone know where this can be found these days?

Return to “energyXT”