Audio out for an Instrument Track

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK. I have come across from the increasingly complex SONAR. 99% of my work is with MIDI, so I do not need the audio side of a sequencer programme very much. So far I am just using the trial of energyXT.

I opened energyXT and started a new blank project. I added an instrument track and then added a Synth to that track. I could then play sounds. This was incredibly fast and easy, as I had never used the programme before.

But then, mucking about, I added an output, which I assume is routed to Audio Out, as I ticked. Then I deleted that Audio Out and suddenly I could not make sounds any more, from that or any other track. First question. What happened? :? The track worked OK before I even had an audio out. Another track also lost it Audio Out.

I also cannot then re-add an Audio Out. The only options I get when I try are MIDI Out, Audio In (?) and synthesiser, or to add a new synth.

I had to lose the file to regain Audio (I can't save it and reopen to see what would happen).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Nick

I guess you only toyed around in the 'Tracks' view?
At which place did you add the Audio Out?
From where did you remove it?
You know there is also a 'Modular' view and a 'Mixer' view.
As far as I know, energyXT doesn't behave wrong in that area, at a first look though it might behave strange sometimes - in the sense that it is not too easy to understand at the beginning because of it's routing possibilities.
Was there a real purpose on adding an additional Audio Out or it just happed when you were mucking about?

Return to “energyXT”