eXT V3 on macOS Sierra

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi peeps. So I recently got a Macbook and I'm trying to install eXT V3, but it immediately crashes when I try to unlock it with my name and serial. I have copied the energyXT folder from the DMG to my Apps folder and it still doesn't allow me to unlock. It seems I can run it in Demo mode just fine.

Does it matter that I'm still using my V2 serial number?

Any other suggestions? I'm waiting to hear back from Jorgen, but I thought I'd post here as well.

Thanks!

*Edit*

Just noticed that v3 is buggy. Is 2.7 the most stable release? Has Jorgen archived that release anywhere?

my experiences with ext3 on mac is like yours too, remember that when using v2 there was this juce plugins problem, the gui didn´t show up, so i end up using the ext windows version running in wineskin..

Thanks for the response. Back to v3 then. Anyone successfully using v3 on osx?
Last edited by 22tape on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Is 2.7 the most stable release? Has Jorgen archived that release anywhere?"

energyXT27mac.zip on google give a softpedia link to v2.7 demo, but like v3 it´s just seems to crash on startup( high sierra), maybe there´s a workaround to make it work or something, i think it used to work under Yosemite (besides the juce plugins gui problem).

Thanks again. Thing is, for me on High Sierra, v3 seems to work just fine in demo mode. But it immediately crashes when I try to unlock it.

Does your demo mode store settings?
I mean if you change something in Setup and then close XT and then start it again, are those settings remembered?
If not, then maybe XT doesn't have access rights where it would need them (could also be relevant for activation).
XT is very bad in this concern. It seems it doesn't do any checks and just continues if something like writing to a file fails.
This may lead to problems. I use XT on Windows and really have no clue how all that privileges/access rights stuff on MAC works, but maybe this would be something to check...

Return to “energyXT”