energyXT 3.0 Setup not finding the Program Files(x86) folder. Is this due to it being 32-bit only?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My VST Plugins folder and most of my samples are in (x86). Any way to get XT to see this folder? My version 2.7 Browser could see them, in fact does see them, but 2.7 will not see them again in the Setup either. I had an issue with my Folder Options a long time ago to where I can see the contents of my Projects folder from the XT browser, but not if I just navigate to it outside of XT, maybe that has something to do with it. If so, I don't know how to fix that. Any ideas, anybody? I use a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with W7 Home Premium(Service Pack 1). In my Folder Options I have "Show hidden files, folders and drives" clicked. I changed this once from within the XT folder and maybe that's what messed it up. Not sure what I even did now it's been so long.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Hi Moe!

For sure this has nothing to do with 32/64 bit.
EnergyXT Browser Setup doesn't show hidden folders.
Thus 1st check if 'Program Files(x86)' is hidden.
In Windows Explorer navigate to this folder - select it and then right click it and choose 'Properties' (usually at the bottom of the context menu). On the property window at the bottom where it says 'Attributes' there is a checkbox labeled 'Hidden'. If it is checked then that folder is hidden. Uncheck it and - if it lets you choose to 'Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files' choose this and let Windows 'unhide' all.
The folder option 'Show hidden files, folders and drives' is relevant for the Windows Explorer only.
If it is set, then hidden folders will be shown in Windows Explorer, otherwise not. If a folder is hidden and it is shown by the Windows Explorer, its icon usually shows in a lighter color than the other not hidden folders.
If Program Files(x86) is not hidden than maybe it is a problem with access privileges - probably read access...
We can continue with this, if the hidden attribute is not the issue.

Return to “energyXT”