eXT 2.7 Linux version [solved]

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone figured out how eXT works halfway properly under Linux? I got a zero-byte ini-file, and/or it's fragmented sometimes. Same weird issue after all these years.
Last edited by fanta1 on Tue May 21, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Linux version is very limited in what it can do without crashing. However, the Windows binary works pretty much perfectly in WINE. I've been using eXT this way for several years and I'm quite happy with it. My current environment is Linux Mint with the wine-staging package. There was a single missing dependency on install, but that was easily fixed. Hope this information helps.

Thanks a lot. I also ran eXT successfuly under wine for many years. I was just curious if anyone has experiences with the Linux version. I can't imagine why the ini-file is sometimes broken. I thought it has to do with the rights or where to place the whole eXT-folder, cause I detected eXT writes the ini sometimes into an hidden folder named ".energyXT". Weird!

On an old cd i detected an eXT version 2.5 for Linux. Seems almost like 2.7 (more or less). After 2 hours testing i can say, it works perfect.

djvision wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:13 am The Linux version is very limited in what it can do without crashing. However, the Windows binary works pretty much perfectly in WINE. I've been using eXT this way for several years and I'm quite happy with it. My current environment is Linux Mint with the wine-staging package. There was a single missing dependency on install, but that was easily fixed. Hope this information helps.
XT works pretty good under WINE. That and REAPER.

Return to “energyXT”