Tim Conrardy Passed Away

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
ATS
KVRAF
5985 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 pm

yes I certainly remember him well too.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

rp314
KVRAF
2174 posts since 25 Mar, 2006 from The city by the bay

Re: Tim Conrardy Passed Away

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:19 pm

I'll always recall that a year before he started an RIP thread when Allen Strange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Strange), who had been his 'Computer Music' Professor at San Jose State University, passed away in his early 60s.

justin3am
KVRAF
10459 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Boy, I feel some sadness each time I come across one of his patches or when I see the word 'Totem'. He was an active participant in the Music Cafe, when I first started posting here. He made me feel quite welcome and comfortable posting my own tracks. He was a wealth of knowledge and I remember him frequently sharing enthusiasm about his EML modular or his E-MU MP7 Command Station. Certainly a nice guy and a welcoming member of the community.

deastman
KVRAF
6825 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm

justin3am wrote:Boy, I feel some sadness each time I come across one of his patches or when I see the word 'Totem'. He was an active participant in the Music Cafe, when I first started posting here. He made me feel quite welcome and comfortable posting my own tracks. He was a wealth of knowledge and I remember him frequently sharing enthusiasm about his EML modular or his E-MU MP7 Command Station. Certainly a nice guy and a welcoming member of the community.
That EML was a sight to behold! I wish I’d taken a picture of it. It had survived a fire and was partially melted, and he’d colored the keys rainbow colors. :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”