The worst plugin names EVA thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shioitor and Wusikstation and Sylenth...
And Z3ta+ if, like me, you didn't immediately read it as "zeta".

What about the Jack Dark and Darkware plugs?
simon

Howard wrote:Shioitor and Wusikstation and Sylenth...
And Z3ta+ if, like me, you didn't immediately read it as "zeta".
Even if you do, wtf is Zeta supposed to mean?

Wusik always struck me as a silly portmanteau of William and music

and yeth, sylenth ith golden

It's the 3rd letter in the Greek alphabet. Alpha Beta Zeta, so maybe it's a private dev joke, Z(3)ta. It took Rene 3 times to get it perfect...

osiris wrote:It's the 3rd letter in the Greek alphabet. Alpha Beta Zeta, so maybe it's a private dev joke, Z(3)ta. It took Rene 3 times to get it perfect...
Its the 6th.

alpha beta gamma delta epsilon zeta.....

osiris wrote:It's the 3rd letter in the Greek alphabet. Alpha Beta Zeta, so maybe it's a private dev joke, Z(3)ta. It took Rene 3 times to get it perfect...
6th actually - but I still don't know why it was chosen for this synth (unless maybe it was their 6th, in which case z3ta 2 is funny)

Blade
Harmor
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

:smack: (Me opening my mouth thinking I know everything.) Apologies my brain has been mustard gassed.......

Toxic Biohazard
Gross Beat (is Big Beat en Francais, n-est pas?)
Delay Lama

VUMT

osiris wrote:Toxic Biohazard
Gross Beat (is Big Beat en Francais, n-est pas?)
nope: grosse bite (sounds like "gross beat") means "big dick". http://www.coolslang.com/Details.php?Sl ... WordID=782

so yeah - slightly puerile name for a plugin

aMUSEd wrote:
6th actually - but I still don't know why it was chosen for this synth (unless maybe it was their 6th, in which case z3ta 2 is funny)
Zeta is also letter Z's name in Spanish. René is from Argentina.

DIVA

Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue

ARTURIA.

standalone wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Zeta is also letter Z's name in Spanish. René is from Argentina.
Z3ta+ is not a stupid name, it makes perfect sense. Zeta is the 6th letter of the Greek alphabet, Z3ta+ has six filters and six oscs. It is able to generate secret subliminal brain waves by chaing its six oscillators this is controllable by modulating the waves-shaping and folding the waves back on themselves will cause the subject to obey his every command. Rene didn't want this power out there which is why he tried to stop it by not allowing the wave-shaping and folding to be modulated by LFOs! WAKE UP PEOPLE! Rene tried to help us with these clues once he found out what was really going on but you couldn't take it could you you had to get rid of him? Then with Rene out of the way they changed it to Z3ta+ this was just a cover up to try to hide his messages, they messed with the frequencies so when you calculate the moon locations on Z3ta+2 it gives you obviously false locations where no one would put a secret base. As for Spanish, I detail the significance of this in my Argentina connection chapter in my book "Synthesizer Secrets: What they won't tell you in the magazines". I'm not crazy people its all complete with references from ex Nasa and top clearance scientists that I found living homeless because they are after them... yeah
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”