This 16 year old producer from London really has something special

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:Doesn't sound like anything special to me to be honest. Yes, it's a little earlier than most people get their act together but I would put it in the same box as a million other things being produced right now.
but at 16 how many of us had the confidence to do something totally different?

good luck to the kid.
better than smashing windows and happy slapping or whatever kids are doing these days...
That's true. I was gigging at 17 in pubs, but I think I was very much an exception. Not to take away from the kid and best of luck to him, but I don't know I'd say it's really stands out is all (just like everything I did at 17 I guess :hihi: )
yeah i was in and out of various bands at that age, but very much treading well worn paths, no way i woud have tried to "stand out" from the crowd, oh i had dreams, but in public i was conforming to the crowd around me...

bjporter wrote:
robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:Doesn't sound like anything special to me to be honest. Yes, it's a little earlier than most people get their act together but I would put it in the same box as a million other things being produced right now.

good luck to the kid.
better than smashing windows and happy slapping or whatever kids are doing these days...
That's true. I was gigging at 17 in pubs, but I think I was very much an exception. Not to take away from the kid and best of luck to him, but I don't know I'd say it's really stands out is all (just like everything I did at 17 I guess :hihi: )
Does everyone realize this would be the same old same old discussion if he didn't mention the 16 years old part??

Please OP / dude, just remove that and we can have normal discussion again... you'll get much more honest answers. Remove the 16 year old stuff
actually, i think the age and location are important.
im not sure how it is where you are, but all too often here in the uk, any interest in things such as music, painting, dancing or any arts type stuff is quashed in the young, from parents who want kids to get jobs asap to teachers teling you youre a dreamer and youll never amount to anything, support is very hard to come by.

at his age, reading things in a certain way coud hurt more than help, so it informs how we communicate with him knowing the age.

however, saying "hi, im kain, im 16 from london" would be more honest...

vurt wrote:
bjporter wrote:
robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:

good luck to the kid.
Does everyone realize this would be the same old same old discussion if he didn't mention the 16 years old part??

Please OP / dude, just remove that and we can have normal discussion again... you'll get much more honest answers. Remove the 16 year old stuff
im not sure how it is where you are, but all too often here in the uk, any interest in things such as music, painting, dancing or any arts type stuff is quashed in the young, from parents who want kids to get jobs asap to teachers teling you youre a dreamer and youll never amount to anything, support is very hard to come by.

at his age, reading things in a certain way coud hurt more than help, so it informs how we communicate with him knowing the age.

He's been a member of KVR since 2005. That would make him 8 whe he joined.

vurt wrote:however, saying "hi, im kain, im 16 from london" would be more honest...
i'm glad i wasn't the only one with that thought :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
vurt wrote:
bjporter wrote:
robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:

good luck to the kid.

He's been a member of KVR since 2005. That would make him 8 whe he joined.
ah k, guess hes not the same guy then...

sorry.

well in that case, nice to see someone sharing and showing support :)

To everyone bashing the kid's work ... WTF?

If you don't like the style, fine. The track shows some real progress for someone at 16 and I'll bet many here bashing can't produce a full track half as good.

Come on people, grow the F up.

Maybe there are even some 8 years old super producers subscribing at KVR while they're remixing the Ba Ba Black Sheep song... :wheee:

billcarroll wrote:To everyone bashing the kid's work ... WTF?

If you don't like the style, fine. The track shows some real progress for someone at 16 and I'll bet many here bashing can't produce a full track half as good.

Dude, read what has been written. No one is "bashing" his work - it's called feedback - if he reads it and has any sense he'll accept it as that.

It's pointless speculating on what anyone else may or may not have been capable of at 16 and it doesn't exclude anyone from commenting on his work anymore than it does for a 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 year old etc.

Grow up? Really? You do realize that almost never has any impact on anyone as it's kind of meaningless as a demand?

i composed my first music at age 13. on commodore 64 :D

to be honest, this tune is not bad but it's not for me, it's simply not the genre i like. he might be better and famous later but yet, nothing outstanding. my 2 cents.

robojam wrote:

Dude, read what has been written. No one is "bashing" his work - it's called feedback - if he reads it and has any sense he'll accept it as that.

It's pointless speculating on what anyone else may or may not have been capable of at 16 and it doesn't exclude anyone from commenting on his work anymore than it does for a 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 year old etc.

Grow up? Really? You do realize that almost never has any impact on anyone as it's kind of meaningless as a demand?
indeed, i think most people (me included) just dont like being reminded we're not 16 anymore :cry:

:hihi:

In all honesty I did, and when I was younger too.
location are important.
Location is interesting but not much more.
Not my experience living in the UK unless you are talking about well to do types which I didn't interact with.

Believe me, I grew up in the middle-east. They value nothing but academics and cushy jobs, your an absolute joke if you do anything else. England is a land of opportunity by contrast. That's why I moved there.

Support is almost impossible not to come by if your music is good.

The thing is why would you even bring up your age? If you want support, make good music. End.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Tricky-Loops wrote:Maybe there are even some 8 years old super producers subscribing at KVR while they're remixing the Ba Ba Black Sheep song... :wheee:
A few years back, someone posted a video of a club scene, referring to how awesome the sound was.

The part of the song that we heard in the video was, literally, the verse notes of "Three Blind Mice" which may or may not be cooler than the same tune as the Three Stooges Theme.

I know I should refrain from commenting on this stuff since my thing is really more "Mozart to Sibelius" than it is "Raymond Scott to Autechre" but there it is.

I'm glad a 16 year old kid gets to grow up in a cosmopolitan place like London, and is well-off enough to have the means to make music and also is granted the free time to do so. Bravo, or Brava if the bloke's a bird.

Would love to hear what he comes up with after a decade or so of suffering :-)

Aiynzahev wrote:
Not my experience living in the UK unless you are talking about well to do types which I didn't interact with.
Can't say my experience was anything like that either. At school arts and music were encouraged and the schools I went to all had programs to help families on limited incomes to rent or buy instruments for their kids.

When I got older and more into band type situations there were tons of places that were looking for bands to gig. I think what put the brakes on it was the DJ culture during the 90s, so it became harder to find places to gig, but certainly nowhere near impossible.

My sister's kids also didn't have any problems with being encouraged to get involved in music at school.

Why is there 2 threads on this?

i don't like the style ...
fine ?...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”