* WARNING * - Do NOT install new iLok software!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Compyfox
KVRAF
14538 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 am

We do not(!) talk about secret dumps... and the password is certainly not "E.T.".

:lol:
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Hm... the AVID boards are currently on page 18, the PACE members are in full pursuit of the problem. Release of PT11 was on Friday it seems, and at Saturday evening (11pm GMT+1), most issues seem to be cleared as well.

Furthermore, the comment by one of the devs in terms of how to reset the iLok wasn't wrong at all. If I read that right from the AVID boards - it is working for half of the people that have this issue, the other half is still locked out.

Full damage control is in order, same with support.
I'm curious what will happen, as soon as the next dev with iLok2 licenses releases another tool.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

Crackbaby
KVRAF
2973 posts since 10 Sep, 2003 from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Eh? The dev suggested one thing in a post. Following posters said it removed their PT9/10 licenses so they couldn't work at all.
I think the dev should edit his post with a little warning. Not everyone wants to spend their weekend reinstalling software over and over.

"wasn't wrong at all" .. pff yeah right.
:hug:

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Apparently, if you read along futher than page 12, it's half/half.

For some it's working, for some not. I don't see a problem with that? :shrug:
Each rig is different, and behaves different. If if there is still a glitch at that particular user account - sh*t happens.

Again, PACE is on the issue.
Stronger than with the faux pas a couple of weeks back. Why is it so hard to believe that they try to get things fixed?

ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF
5987 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Compyfox wrote:Apparently, if you read along futher than page 12, it's half/half.

Each rig is different, and behaves different. If if there is still a glitch at that particular user account - sh*t happens.

Stronger than with the faux pas a couple of weeks back. Why is it so hard to believe that they try to get things fixed?
Why do you persist in defending PACE/iLok? In my world "50% working" is not working - it's a major failure. This problem has been going on for nearly 2 weeks and it STILL isn't resolved satisfactorily.

At first I was willing to give PACE the benefit of the doubt - mistakes happen - but this farce has been going on for way too long now. PACE have seriously and undoubtedly f**ked up beyond all recognition.

Why can't you admit that and move on? It's becoming a joke!

Peace,
Andy.

faun2500
KVRian
1379 posts since 27 Nov, 2008 from uk

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 pm

not becoming mate, It started as a joke! ;)
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Crackbaby
KVRAF
2973 posts since 10 Sep, 2003 from Karlskoga, Stockholm, Sweden

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Compyfox wrote:Apparently, if you read along futher than page 12, it's half/half.

For some it's working, for some it removes their working PT9/10. You don't see a problem? Fine.
:hug:

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Again, I do see a problem (which is being fixed - as we speak!) - but I still don't get all the hate and negativity.

I understand the negative press currently. But didn't we all make our point over and over by now?!

"OMG! I won't ever use an iLok anymore!" - then don't, plain and simple. We're walking in circles.

This all started as a bad and unfortunate joke, then turned into a hatefest. And even though PACE is high on the tail of the issue, that company is still critisized for what they are doing.

They do nothing - it's wrong. They try to fix the issue - it's wrong. The system is working - it's wrong! You can't make it right for everyone it seems.

And I defend PACE, because I still think they have a right of existence - they're just humans as well, and humans mess up. Their system is otherwise rock solid and pain free. With current emphasis on "otherwise".

Instead of complaining in here - what have you people done to help improve this mess? Did you contact the developers and told you what you think? Did you write PACE to bugger off in a constructive way? Or do you just releave your stress in here since it's way more simple?

What would actually happen if one of the PACE representatives shows up in here as well? Write's "I'm sorry - but as you probably followed - we're working on it". Would you people also be as devastating as you were for the last 19 pages?

Or is it then all good and fine "welcome to candy land - let's hug"?

I have a serious problem with companies that hit and run. But I try to give my support as iLok user to PACE - since I didn't have any issues with then so far whatsoever. And they are working on fixing the issues! Heck even after I misplaced my first iLok 1, I got temp licenses WITHOUT ZDT (they were only two, and the devs where I got them from were very friendly) - and two months later I found my misplaced stick.

Can't we cut them some slack for once?!

Dean Aka Nekro
KVRAF
6179 posts since 4 Oct, 2007 from Escaped At Last

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Why do you persist in defending PACE/iLok? In my world "50% working" is not working - it's a major failure. This problem has been going on for nearly 2 weeks and it STILL isn't resolved satisfactorily.

At first I was willing to give PACE the benefit of the doubt - mistakes happen - but this farce has been going on for way too long now. PACE have seriously and undoubtedly f**ked up beyond all recognition.

Peace,
Andy.
Crackbaby wrote:

For some it's working, for some it removes their working PT9/10. You don't see a problem? Fine.
Apathy, Something I do not, Can not and will not be able to relate to in any way either gents.

I'm not going to moan or list what I've lost due to PACE but I will say I'm sailing on the same shit waters as Xenobt and countless others, Its one big shit sandwich especially without one's main multi tracking, editing and mixing application operating...But yeah I'm not concerned and nor should anyone else be. Two to one? I'm liking them odds, What's not to like?

It's all good and oh how I feel for the poor head of PACE, His post on gearslutz, He's lost sleep and not been able to eat properly, I really feel his pain, empathy and sympathy until he makes it through this ordeal

I really shall say no more here on this minor, teeny, tiny hiccup as shit happens right and I'm dealing with it or I will get me a long temp ban

kritikon
KVRAF
5698 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Because PACE have a long and tired history of being twats that ignore their customers' woes. Long before this fiasco. I remember a certain s/w company that we shall not name that you personally went after, following prolonged dicking around by them against customers' interests? This unnamed company had a far, far shorter history of being twats than PACE. PACE were twats before you were even getting into music here at KvR. Some of us have long and enduring memories. TBH, PACE's laughable attempts at fixing it is an improvement on their past efforts. Their past efforts consisted of doing nothing and ignoring people for several versions of their virus that they sell.

kritikon
KVRAF
5698 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a serious problem with companies that hit and run. But I try to give my support as iLok user to PACE - since I didn't have any issues with then so far whatsoever. And they are working on fixing the issues! Heck even after I misplaced my first iLok 1, I got temp licenses WITHOUT ZDT (they were only two, and the devs where I got them from were very friendly) - and two months later I found my misplaced stick.

Can't we cut them some slack for once?!
PACE hit and ran years back consistently. I'm not even talking about the present fiasco.

No we can't cut them any slack. It's repeated offending, not just this once. PACE has a long history. If you choose to ignore it, that's fine for you. What do we do about it? We don't use iLok. I wouldn't from its inception because PACE was a virus before iLoks even existed (or do you choose to ignore that too?). I missed out on some great s/w and that's my loss, but let me tell you now, this will happen again with PACE in the future. It may be a different scenario, but ultimately they're corporate twats with no idea of customer service. They're the SONY of s/w. You won't buy ***sonic, I won't buy PACE. I hope others don't. Pace are not benign, and this hasn't just happened this one time. History is a great educator. I know people who had to do several complete clean installs to get their whole PCs working after PACE f**ked up their system years back. And then the next PACE version did exactly the same. Actually I lost track of how many viral version of destruction they released, one after the other.

masterhiggins
KVRAF
2694 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 pm

TheoM wrote:but I am demoing cubase 7 on my little win laptop and it is a hell of an impressive software. I can finally honestly say it has logic beat in every department.
But didn't you say the same thing about Reason a while ago? I wouldn't jump ship that quickly, mate. ;)
TheoM wrote:Furthermore if I wanted to install mountain lion on my main mac, I can't install my logic 9 unless I buy the App Store version. The DVD installer won't work which means I would lose out on wave burner as well which is my favourite burning software.
Woah. That doesn't sound right. When I did a clean wipe of my Macbook Pro, I installed ML and Logic 9 from DVD and it works fine. Well, it did require an update to run, which the apple store did automatically even though I bought the physical discs a couple years ago. It could just be your discs. You should be able to buy them on eBay for super cheap or I can try to find a way to get them to you.

-Sam

Compyfox
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:45 pm

kritikon wrote:I remember a certain s/w company that we shall not name that you personally went after, following prolonged dicking around by them against customers' interests? This unnamed company had a far, far shorter history of being twats than PACE.
That company was unresponsive, conducted trickery, insulted me in public and threatened me on the phone! Something that PACE did not do in the slightest way. There is a big difference if we want to drag that sh*t in here. And I merely warned people, I did not turn this into a vendetta.

That's enough for a memory refreshment.

kritikon wrote:PACE were twats before you were even getting into music here at KvR.
I might be young (I'm in the digital music realm since the mid 90ies), but I remember PACE all too well and the problems they initially had. I tried to EVADE PACE with a passion, but ultimately had to cave due to some benefits and certain tools. I even PLEADED to certain companies to reintroduce USB key copy protection - since it was so darn simple to use (IKM and Linplug - the two most popular examples that dropped USB license keys).

I never had crashes with the iLok - knocking on wood here. Just high loading times (a PACE issue, every developer admits that). Though I do understand all issues all to well.

Actually, Syncrosoft also had issues with the USB stick the time it first hit. Slowdowns, random crashes, with SX2/3 even huge CPU load and long loading times. Why do you think was the dongle crack was released back in the day in the first place?

I am not toning down anything. Sh*t happened, and it continues to happen. I am in active contact with developers I got iLok licenses from. All still warn me NOT to update. And I won't currently. I'm just leaning back, waiting, hope for the best. And maybe by end of next week, if I really need to update certain NFR's, I might try to do a resync as well.

Until then, I stay out of the game and try to look at it from a different angle. And I currently see four fractions: PACE working their butt off to get things fixed, people creating constant sh*tstorms towards PACE, a certain minority (which was lucky or didn't jump on the "have-to-instantly-update" bandwagon) tries to do damage control and tone down the mood, and the last fraction just keeps their mouth shut.

Full out slugfest.

Apparently, I'm a PACE defender and know sh*t about what's going on. So I really sit back now and keep quiet. Everything else is definitely not good for my health.

trimph1
KVRAF
16978 posts since 23 Jun, 2010 from north of London ON

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Apparently they are also :roll: upgrading some hardware as well now... :) So they did warn people that they may experience the site being down tonight...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:24 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:

Peace,
Andy.
Yeah he's really giving me the shits now. I mean it shouldn't be justifiable for even half the time it's taken let alone what is happening.

Of course they "want" to fix it and it will be eventually.. That doesn't make it ok! Geez, they deserve some backlash for this and tbh they deserve to go out of business!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”