HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JIMMY PAGE @ 74 TODAY

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that I can see the whole photo, I could ID the combo amp as a SELMER TRUVOICE ZODIAC TWIN 50 made in 1964 ! So that makes Jimmy 20 if my 'rithmetic is correct.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

He was 19 in '64 ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:He was 19 in '64 ...
Right then, but only for 9 days. :roll:
Last edited by annode on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annode wrote:Now that I can see the whole photo, I could ID the combo amp as a SELMER TRUVOICE ZODIAC TWIN 50 made in 1964 ! So that makes Jimmy 20 if my 'rithmetic is correct.
But is his Les Paul actually connected to the Selmer or Fender?... 8)

Harry_HH wrote:
annode wrote:Now that I can see the whole photo, I could ID the combo amp as a SELMER TRUVOICE ZODIAC TWIN 50 made in 1964 ! So that makes Jimmy 20 if my 'rithmetic is correct.
But is his Les Paul actually connected to the Selmer or Fender?... 8)
:lol: Good question. There's a cable plugged into each of them, but none of them is acting as a thru-put.

That photo was taken in Selmers showroom according to the Guardian link above ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:That photo was taken in Selmers showroom according to the Guardian link above ...
I saw that. But I wonder what a Fender is doing there then? Maybe it's different elsewhere, but in the US there has only been independent music shops carrying whatever brands.

thecontrolcentre wrote:That photo was taken in Selmers showroom according to the Guardian link above ...
Yeah - Jimmy took cold-bloodedly the promo money from Selmer, but outside the picture, his guitar was all the time plugged to the Fender... :lol:

I don't believe it a shop. I do believe it's someones family room or maybe a restaurant.

Harry_HH wrote:
Yeah - Jimmy took cold-bloodedly the promo money from Selmer, but outside the picture, his guitar was all the time plugged to the Fender... :lol:
I was reading that he used a small selmer amp when recording the first Led Zeppelin album, altho' Jimmy himself has apparently neither confirmed or denied it.

maybe zep 1 was a supro amp? did he use a telecaster guitar?

Happy Birthday!
Glad you made it this far.....
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Wow what an old git...ar player :)

Nice one Jimmy

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”