What is the sexiest cymbal crash you have ever heard? (Is it in this Krautrock classic at 5.56?)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings Earthlings,

Just now I was listening to Hallogallo by Neu! and I think my long-lasting search for the most exquisitely sexy cymbal crash is over.
Just listen to the cymbals in this beautiful song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAXYMOgHQI4

Ah... behold the sizzle; the release; the EQ-carved, console mellowed treble sounds which aren't too harsh to trouble my ears.

Doesn't every cymbal hit in that glorious Krautrock classic song fill you with the utmost joy too?

What do you mean no ? :o :x

So, are there any other cymbal crashes which leave you also with a warm delicious glow that you might choose to share here?

Even better, are there any sample libraries with particularly lustful cymbal sounds that often give you the horn (to mix my percussion metaphors) ?

Cheers,
:band:

Agree. The whole track gives me immense pleasure. One of my faves.

Isn't there some phaser-y type effect on just about everything here, including drums? Kinda sounds like it to me.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I think you're right about the phasery effect, although one shouldn't also discount the additional (by-product) effect of early 1970s tape recordings.

Looks like just you and me in this thread, but hey at least we've found a track (and some cymbals) that sounds fantastic :phones:

I'd never really noticed the cymbal crashes in it until now. And now I think they overdid them – they could have swelled more and crashed less. They do really well to punctuate the arrangement - notice how they give way whenever Rother does a bit of soloing and how they contrast against the very understated but metronomic hi-hats, and the understated drums overall, which is all part of the motorik style (in contrast to the kind of driving trance/tech-trance that evolved out of this stuff).

But now I'm going to keep on noticing them. Oh well.

For libraries: LuxNox PERC+ Redux. More cymbals than you can shake a stick at. And the money goes to charity. Full Kontakt required.

http://www.modwheel.co.nz/perc-plus-redux

For 70s percussion done 70s style, maybe Groove Bias from Impact Soundworks.

All over Olias of Sunhillow......though that whole album was more like a religious experience when it arrived
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Man, i read your comment and was getting really excited to hear that magnificent cymbal crash, then my browser tells me, i can't watch this video in my country for legal reasons. How disappointing..
In the other hand, of you promise the hearing experience is outstanding, I'll just buy the damn song..
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Septimon wrote:Man, i read your comment and was getting really excited to hear that magnificent cymbal crash, then my browser tells me, i can't watch this video in my country for legal reasons. How disappointing..
In the other hand, of you promise the hearing experience is outstanding, I'll just buy the damn song..
You're in Berlin and don't have the first Neu! album? Isn't that against the law? :P

Omg a KVR thread that discusses music rather what top 10 synth list is the bestest since last week please I have to know to write my EDM songz and sell ma patchez??

I knew this was going to be about Neu! before I read the thread.. such a nicely recorded track that and yes, the cymbals are soft and satisfying for sure. Been a while since I listened to that album.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Gamma-UT wrote:...
For libraries: LuxNox PERC+ Redux. More cymbals than you can shake a stick at. And the money goes to charity. Full Kontakt required.

http://www.modwheel.co.nz/perc-plus-redux

For 70s percussion done 70s style, maybe Groove Bias from Impact Soundworks.
These are great suggestions (I already have a couple of libraries from Impact Soundworks) - thanks Gamma-UT.

TBH, I wasn't expecting so many of us to agree on these wonderfully sounding cymbals in Neu's track (but I'm glad we do).
If there's any other cymbals, in a tune or as part of a sample library, that you really like, please recommend.

Cheers,
:phones:

Gamma-UT wrote:
Septimon wrote:Man, i read your comment and was getting really excited to hear that magnificent cymbal crash, then my browser tells me, i can't watch this video in my country for legal reasons. How disappointing..
You're in Berlin and don't have the first Neu! album? Isn't that against the law? :P
You are right! There is a law against that, lucky me Berlin Is a place where nobody really cares about anything. Germany doesn't even manage to get a new government since last september, so I guess, i'm safe.
OK now seriously. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't listen to krautrock for ages which is a shame, since my band sometimes sounds a bit "krautig" too.
And yes: the cymbal Crash is nice!
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”