Women producers!! Where are you!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thing to do when producing a wiki or someone else's research as though it suffices to prove something is read it. And If you do read it, fluffy little, maybe ask someone if it means what you think it means.

The incompetence at handling the argument is not a great sign of how male brains focus like a laser but women are flibbertigibbets. If I have _ever_ seen a flibbertigibbet, it's you. Constantly.

Are you really so foolish as to think putting words into someone else's mouth still works without people noticing? Just like those climate change deniers on another message board, funny to watch :)

My brain, which as I already stated is rather feminine to begin with, is irrelevant, anyway, as this discussion is about averages, not outliers. And the general rules regarding male vs female minds apply, whether people like them or not...

I think we've been pretty lenient here trying to avoid sending this back to hpc. If it's going to continue to be a man vs woman thing that's exactly where it is going again and as there are very few posts actually talking about woman producers I'm not splitting it.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

And here I thought the big argument was going to be over what is meant by the term “producer”!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Sounds more like it is your idealistic view of the world that is threatened :wink: Given all the obvious physiological differences between the sexes it is almost naive to assume they are mentally identical.
Women have two X chromosomes on the last pair, for men one is X the other is Y. This has some obvious consequences, it makes men more prone to mutation, whether the consequence is good or bad. Often the result is very bad but there may be exceptions. The prisons contain more men than women, so does the list of the geniuses in history. This does not mean women and men think in different ways.
Last edited by stratum on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~stratum~

deastman wrote:And here I thought the big argument was going to be over what is meant by the term “producer”!
To me producer somehow implies producing various artists, not just one's own music. I would not call an artist who makes music on his DAW a producer.

deastman wrote:And here I thought the big argument was going to be over what is meant by the term “producer”!
As I suggested earlier in this thread, I think its obvious that when we are talking about producing music today, the "producer" should cover project studio/home studio hobbyists/semi-pros, who are seriously making technically their own music and/or audio productions. The number of record label/big studio producers/A&R people, as used to call them, are going down, anyway, no matter, if they are men or women.
The number of artists, who are producing or pre-producing their own music, is increasing, and some of them work with other productions, too. I would include all the previous under the umbrella "producer" in this discussion ("Women producers!! Where are you!").

Okay, my quip wasn’t an invitation to derail the topic again with a debate over the word “producer”. I think it is clear that we are talking about two entirely different roles which happen to share the same name for historical reasons. I’d be happy to support and encourage more participation by women in either one.

skipscada wrote:Some comments here remind me of the aperçu "I don't know much about science, but I know what I like."
:love:

im pretty sure i just shouted noveller in here, but some weird shit has gone down.
maybe ive just randomly shouted it in the middle of an irrelevant thread :o

anyway...

noveller!

apologies vurt
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

no probs.
was starting to think i better put the pipe down for tonight :lol:

J-909 wrote:Today half the world is fighting against discrimination on women. I ask myself why there aren't as many women producers or aspiring to be. There's hardly any sector in which there's such a difference, at least in my country.

C'mon girls we need your art and your music in this world !!! :hug:

:tu:
Going back to the OP, what exactly are we hoping to get out of this conversation anyway? We’ve been down the path of discussing why there aren’t more women in music production, which became a surprisingly contentious argument. I don’t think the OP is asking for the men here to post a list of all the women we know of working in music production... that would be rather pointless, and anyway, we’ve done that before in another thread. Where else can this conversation really go? :?

As for my own part, I’m trying to foster a love for all of this stuff in my own daughter. She has my Kurzweil K2000 in her room, along with several guitars. I got her a Korg Littlebits kit. We’ve had a brief foray into Eurorack, and I’m looking forward to teaching her more about that soon. I’ve also encouraged her to learn Python, and given her the tools to pursue her interests in art and animation (my day job).

They are too busy protesting to get sht done.

im just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride from here on.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”