What is so groundbreaking about Beyonce's Lemonade?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quoting the previous poster...
samsam wrote: You confuse me with somebody who gives a f**k
anyway, it's more fact, with some sweary words thrown in

it's nothing personal to you guys, jeez
It's just Beyonce is a mechanic vocalist who relies on ghostwriters, fame, celebrity guests and engineers and producers who actually have a clue of what they're doing in order to write an album.
Beck however is a genuine musical artist. Groundbreaking even.

quoting the previous poster...
Beyonce wrote: You confuse me with somebody who gives a twerk
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

twerks for some
doesn't for others

:lol:

twerks for ME!!!

keep em coming!

that's what SHE said!!

:scared:

So the gist of this thread is

stale old white guys can't appreciate the pool of talent brought together for Lemonade because they're too old to recognize big names in music if they don't date back to bands like Led Zep who made a habit of ripping off old blues gems from names not mentioned because they're even older than the stale old white guys in this thread
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Who you callin' white? I'm green with envy.

nnnn
Last edited by samsam on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xamido wrote:
Of all the song to use as reference, you just have to choose the one that heavily sampled somebody else's work. If singing on top of somebody else's music is your definition of talent, then i envy your ignorance.

But it is fun, and it reaches a ton of people. And, I'll wager you use samples as well.

IBTL

Dasheesh wrote:song writing is a lost art in the world of timbre over pitch.
Timbre over pitch? And to demonstrate this you choose a song that prioritises obnoxious sound design (for obnoxious sound design's sake), and monotone delivery, over "song writing". The payoff at 4:15 isn't worth wading through the rest of it for :shrug:

And no, i have no issue with Beyonce, but this shit is style over substance. And there's even a place for S-O-S, just perhaps avoid using it in an argument about songwriting :tu:

Dasheesh wrote:The DJ's went banana's over that track.
I'm not saying that it's mutually exclusive, but it's no surprise that a dj-endorsed track doesn't make for the best song.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:song writing is a lost art in the world of timbre over pitch.
Timbre over pitch? And to demonstrate this you choose a song that prioritises obnoxious sound design (for obnoxious sound design's sake), and monotone delivery, over "song writing". The payoff at 4:15 isn't worth wading through the rest of it for :shrug:

And no, i have no issue with Beyonce, but this shit is style over substance. And there's even a place for S-O-S, just perhaps avoid using it in an argument about songwriting :tu:

Dasheesh wrote:The DJ's went banana's over that track.
I'm not saying that it's mutually exclusive, but it's no surprise that a dj-endorsed track doesn't make for the best song.
Yeah, you make good points and I’ve thought about some of that. It’s just that pop is supposed to be fun and modern and part of popular culture. That’s kind of the point. I’m not going to argue that I don’t hate that music has been reduced the boomingest base hit. We got to stop taking ourselves so seriously though. Of course... it’s a balance. Quality is a balancing act. It’s natural. Pop is more about making connections then music though. That IS the timelessness of pop. It is a snap shot of culture at a particular time.

melomood wrote:So the gist of this thread is

stale old white guys can't appreciate the pool of talent brought together for Lemonade because they're too old to recognize big names in music if they don't date back to bands like Led Zep who made a habit of ripping off old blues gems from names not mentioned because they're even older than the stale old white guys in this thread
Hey, if you want someone to hate on shitty, forgettable pop music from the 70s I am more than happy to oblige.

I mean, where is the difference between that girls track and this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSLz0YYsJHA

I could say... the difference was... Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, arguably the best pop producers of all time.

Just throwing out the other side. I can't go any farther... I'm busy today.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”