How do I learn to sing in a feminine voice so I can sing females vocals for my songs?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I haven't found any tutorials anywhere. I know just pitch and formant shifting voice won't work, you need to have those "naunces" and sing like a female how do I do it? What do I learn?

A couple of tips I picked up was "narrowing throat" and "bringing the vibration into throat rather then chest" also I heard, that head voice doesn't have enough dynamics, and males normal voice is too low, so should we be mastering falsetto? a falsetto or some kind of mix voice.

I know there's transgendered videos teaching you to talk like a female, they all have u raising ur adams apples up and shit, this limits the dynamiks of ur voice and hurts ur throat, I dont think it's the right technique... I believe if you just need to sing in a A3 to A4 to A5 range,

Female contraltos sing from like A3 to A5

Male Tenors go from A3 to A5....

Baritones can easily get to A4, even a lot higher the scales arn't set

so I don't think range has anything to do with it, you can easily pitch up an octave and a few formants to compensate for range anyway

what I wanna know is what is the things I'm missing to learn to sing in a female voice. I wish there was some tutorials or something. Gotto be some techniques I'm missing like "do this when u sing words like this" "put this type of expression in ur voice" "if u just do this this way then it'll sound like tthat"

I get pretty close already but it's still obviously fake.

You want to look at instruments and their character; compare "narrow your throat", for instance.
A trombone, with its larger bore, is never going to sound quite like a flute playing the same note.
A bass flute is still a flute.

Beyond that, the delivery of a sound from a person's voice meets certain expectations of gender. The lightness is first of all physical but then we notice that the emphasis which male persons are encouraged to give their words is not what is encouraged for female persons, from early on in their development. This is somewhat constructed gender or performed gender but then again, the instrument is what it is.

I would think the average person would take quite some time to adjust to all of that and be effective in the *role*.

Helium balloon :hihi:

Squeeze your balls... :cry:

are there zero female singers in your location?
that would an anomaly as mysterious as the bermuda triangle.

You could get close with pitch shifting effects. But a male can't "learn" to sing like a woman, it's to do with the size of throat muscles and so on, it's just a physical impossibility, unless you're a man with a naturally very high range.
Someone will probably suggest falsetto, but I don't think a man singing in falsetto sounds like a woman singing.

This is me (by the way), I'm a trained singer, and have a pretty large range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb7JfqleBgE

And I sing falsetto a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3gGs8JFGXc

Personally I find it helps if I get into the role... try and find the mindset>> so
1: makeup... Lippy and mascara are a must.. I also like a nice foundation and high lights, they are more for confidence though
2: clothes... ok yes, find the correct clothing.. think costumes and actor.. you are playing a role>> tra_la_la
3: HEELS ..omg yes... lovely long stilettos... they posture the body and .. well, look at how the legs are now... go strut it girl..
4: left hand in pants and squeeze.. now sing your heart out...
Works for me )))))

an-electric-heart wrote:This is me (by the way), I'm a trained singer, and have a pretty large range.
Yes.. but it does not in anyway sound like a female voice...
I am not being critical of your singing, just that it is a male voice with male phrasing and male mindset.. :wink:

toonertik wrote:
an-electric-heart wrote:This is me (by the way), I'm a trained singer, and have a pretty large range.
Yes.. but it does not in anyway sound like a female voice...
I am not being critical of your singing, just that it is a male voice with male phrasing and male mindset.. :wink:
That was carried on from my previous post (I accidentally made a new post, instead of editing) saying a male can't sound like a female.

Hormones help.

You know what. I’d like to formerly appologize to kanoharuayu. I’m sure this is a very serious relevant topic in a lot of circles I’m just not aware of and he/she could probably kick my ass. It’s just... you got to understand. It was killing me softly. Just so many responses.

Dasheesh wrote:I’m not going to lie. That was tough. That was really tough for me. I easily could have gotten banned, and rightfully so. Even though the moderation here is extremely generous and more then fair. I think I’ve run through 654 responses in my head at this point though and I’m getting it out of my system.
Yes you're so clever. Third time we've seen this now.

OP, ask this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wNKjlfaK0
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Dasheesh wrote:This is taking every ounce of my self restraint... likely to get me banned before this is over.
The pressing question of this thread is now, <how does 'Daseesh' learn to act like a grown man>

This here took me some restraint, believe that.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”