What is the most stupid thing you've ever done with music gear/computer etc?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:had my 9 year old son smash a les paul copy in the back garden after some german dude couldn't manage it.
no vurt, stupid things you've done, not commendable.

I traded a silver series squier strat for a cheap yamaha once because it had a humbucker in it...

Installed Windows on it. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Jace-BeOS wrote:It would be "gritty", "edgy", or "hard core"... or something.
Performance art :shrug:

I smashed my PC with a baseball bat. Then I threw it to a wall, twice. Then I tossed it to the asphalt from a third floor balcony and... Then I smashed it again and again and again to the asphalt.

Playing a brand new mic like a drumstick on the desk, didn't take long for the housing to crack.

Distorted Horizon wrote:I smashed my PC with a baseball bat. Then I threw it to a wall, twice. Then I tossed it to the asphalt from a third floor balcony and... Then I smashed it again and again and again to the asphalt.
Sounds like you were experiencing rage against the machine like me. ;-)

Were you also on SSRI drugs? (as that's possibly a personal question, feel free to ignore it)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mcbpete wrote:Was curious to find out how noisy it is inside a vacuum cleaner so stuck my recently purchased mic inside the hose and turned the cleaner on - Ripped the diaphragm right out ! Well done me :D
This one made me cringe. How did you react to what you'd done?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

An immediate sense of confusion as to why I thought that was a good idea and my brain going at a million miles a second to work out a way of making it look it came supplied to me broken so I could return it to the shops ...

I left the side panel off my desk top and a mouse pissed and died on the sound card....
Then I goggled mouse died in my computer....
Apparently Deadmous5 computer beat me to his name first!

Ha ha ha!

I've always had terrible luck with optical drives dying. Once when I was 18ish, I was convinced that the optical drive wasn't plugged in properly. Having the side of the case off made reaching in there on a whim all too easy. Didn't turn the machine off, gave the IDE connection a little push, promptly shorted the motherboard against the case. What a tit. Thankfully all my components survived and only the motherboard was dead.

As for the most stupid thing that's happened inside my computer, that'd be my Soundblaster Audigy spontaneously rewriting its own EEPROM with junk. Instantly bricked. A surprisingly common issue at the time, apparently.

Nocturnal909 wrote:I left the side panel off my desk top and a mouse pissed and died on the sound card....
Then I goggled mouse died in my computer....
Apparently Deadmous5 computer beat me to his name first!
Those bastards...

Back in the mists of time when I was a student and lived in a shared house, a mouse died inside the back of the fridge. It was the most disgusting smell which we couldn't work out was coming from. :scared:

mcbpete wrote:Was curious to find out how noisy it is inside a vacuum cleaner so stuck my recently purchased mic inside the hose and turned the cleaner on - Ripped the diaphragm right out ! Well done me :D
I nominate you for winner of this thread! :clap:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:I smashed my PC with a baseball bat. Then I threw it to a wall, twice. Then I tossed it to the asphalt from a third floor balcony and... Then I smashed it again and again and again to the asphalt.

Were you also on SSRI drugs? (as that's possibly a personal question, feel free to ignore it)
Nah. Short answer = I used to have tiny anger management issues.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:

Nah. Short answer = I used to have tiny anger management issues.
TAMI would make a perfect band name...;-)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”