All these newbies getting spoon fed everything.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For what is worth, would rather watch tutorial, than some flick or anything else really, that's time I just want to sit back and enjoy that few hours I have free after work.

Have no issue with people asking questions who want to learn, tried and failed on their own, that folks usually have lot of respect for info they are getting, have issues with people who are so lazy to even google, use their ears or have more money than common sense, so spend their time and money just GAS-ing and hoarding things based on other people opinions, they annoy me quite a lot, like watching spoiled brat asking for another toy he will just leave behind.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

whyterabbyt wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I don't participate in the disgusting anti-millennial scapegoating.
Indeed. Only developers and tech support should be scapegoated.
Eh... I was trying not to make absolute statements. Maybe I failed.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

this is a pretty pointless post.
my personal preference for tutorials etc. is to be shown, hands-on as it were.
that's my preference. so i have watched a lot of videos over the years.
i have friends who are dyslexic to the point where reading just is not possible for them.
if there are no videos then you have to go to written help. but, as one poster pointed out, the answers are ( frequently) not to be found in the index or search of a manual. this happens a lot for me and the reason it is a problem is that if you don't know how to frame the question then there is little chance you can hope to find an answer. most of what i know is self -taught. particularly computer based stuff, music and graphics. and i can say that the majority of my knowledge is a) word of mouth/ video tuts... and plain just trying to work out what i can do with what is in front of me. there is a snobbery here in the op's statement. for a long while i was an acid pro user and it was so productive out of the box, so straight-forward and intuitive that there was hardly any need to read a manual. does that mean i am spoon-fed? i don't think so. i have a real need to get making music as intuitively and directly as possible. i don't want problems that have to be solved. i want to make the music unhindered. so, the short of it is, one man's meat is another's poison... btw i don't know any 'spoon-fed' musicians either. just people with the need and the enthusiasm to make music.

groovyomega wrote:No, I can't see a difference between asking a question on a scene-specific board or some guy directly for help?
It's not about asking questions, it's about what questions are being asked. Again, I struggle to see how you can't tell the difference between asking pertinent questions and spoonfeeding. While there may be no stupid questions, there most definitely are stupid/lazy people asking questions.

So, maybe you'd let us know what you understand as spoon-feeding. If it's what the rest of us call "learning", it's no wonder that you're going in circles. Because nobody has said people shouldn't ask for help or learn by themselves.

get used to it!

I got one word... presets.

sjm wrote:
groovyomega wrote:No, I can't see a difference between asking a question on a scene-specific board or some guy directly for help?
It's not about asking questions, it's about what questions are being asked. Again, I struggle to see how you can't tell the difference between asking pertinent questions and spoonfeeding. While there may be no stupid questions, there most definitely are stupid/lazy people asking questions.

So, maybe you'd let us know what you understand as spoon-feeding. If it's what the rest of us call "learning", it's no wonder that you're going in circles. Because nobody has said people shouldn't ask for help or learn by themselves.

And I struggle with seeing how this is even an issue that needs to have a multi-page thread. Like I said before, you and no one else for that matter, are under any obligation to open, read or respond to any public posts unless you wish to. So what does it matter? Unless they are PMing you directly or calling you on your phone or sending the question to your private email how does it affect you????

And as for the definition of spoonfeeding:

spoon-feed
ˈspo͞onˌfēd/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: spoonfeeding
feed (someone) by using a spoon.
provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves.

So with that definition, if someone were to post "how do install Ableton" and then the next day "how do I open a project in Ableton" then the two hours later "how do I insert a vst in Ableton" and then "how do I record MIDI in Ableton", then yes those questions if answered would be considered spoonfeeding but again who give a crap???

Like I stated a few posts up that I do not find this annoying; I just ignore those posts, but what I find annoying is pseudo experts droning on about minute points page after page after page, filling up server space and making nearly impossible to find the relevant info in a thread. So I guess we all have a complaint of some sort about forums..should I start a thread about this?
Last edited by JJ_Jettflow on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richielg wrote:Does anyone else notice a trend among new producers wanting to be spoon fed information - particularly about Ableton?
I do.

It keeps me awake at night.

So much so I wanted to start a thread on it.

But I'm glad you did it first.

What other new producers do really affects my life, both professionally and personally.

I'm not going to go through every single post in this thread just to see what others think, just now. But I will do. Because it's important.

Thank you for being the voice of reason and being brave enough to broach this thorny subject.

Jace-BeOS wrote:I don't participate in the disgusting anti-millennial scapegoating
As a person who is technically a millennial; go ahead, we deserve it.

whyterabbyt wrote:poster who's only been here since 2012 wiffles about 'newbies'

i laughs.
chk071 wrote:True. You gotta be at least a member since 2010 to call others newbies.
feverishly clicking......
herodotus' profile wrote:Joined:Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:29 am
:phew:

justin3am wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I don't participate in the disgusting anti-millennial scapegoating
As a person who is technically a millennial; go ahead, we deserve it.

Justin? A millennial?

But that can't be, he's intelligent.

:-?

Will that work?

herodotus wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:poster who's only been here since 2012 wiffles about 'newbies'

i laughs.
chk071 wrote:True. You gotta be at least a member since 2010 to call others newbies.
newbie :roll: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
herodotus wrote:

i laughs.

I knew I was going to get that. It was just a matter of who from.

:cry:

:hihi:

herodotus wrote:
Hink wrote:
herodotus wrote:

i laughs.

I knew I was going to get that. It was just a matter of who from.

:cry:

:hihi:
I'll get it soon :scared:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:And I struggle with seeing how this is even an issue that needs to have a multi-page thread. Like I said before, you and no one else for that matter, are under any obligation to open, read or respond to any public posts unless you wish to.
The irony :D

But at least it answers your question as to why this thread is so long. :party:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”