DAW from last century

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somehow they were able to create music without all the current DAW features.
the DAW part starts from 7:10

https://youtu.be/gsfT_5OQJSI?t=7m10s

sl1914 wrote:Somehow they were able to create music without all the current DAW features.
And it sounds like it, what is the point of this thread anyways?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Watch it all the way through and notice how the girl changes her guitar, but never actually plays either of them.

sl1914 wrote:Somehow they were able to create music without all the current DAW features.
... and the video greatly illustrates how cumbersome that was. :shrug:

chk071 wrote:
Yes and no.

The guy with the hardware sequencer made music quickly,but Vince Clark hacked his way around using the computer. Add the distraction of the internet to a computer and it gets harder again. Less is more.

bullshit

dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pmLess is more.
except where its not, of course.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm
chk071 wrote:
Yes and no.

The guy with the hardware sequencer made music quickly,but Vince Clark hacked his way around using the computer. Add the distraction of the internet to a computer and it gets harder again. Less is more.
Somehow people made music before there was any recording mechanism whatsoever. SO?

'made music quickly' - this is a bit absurd for a person who can make music by hand in real time.

Is this the reason for a sequencer? Yes we can sequence things we cannot achieve in real time. Is the preference now to make this happen quickly at all costs. Or is the idea perhaps more control of the sequence.

See, I was active during the 80s, during the 70s, during the 90s, during the oughts. I have good reason to prefer what I have today. I would need tons of money in those days to even get close to what I'm able to do in my bed. Wait, no, this music wouldn't happen without what I have today at all.

"the distraction of the internet" - as though you're not free to leave it off. The distraction of parties, the distraction of sex, the distraction of the TV, the distraction of...
none of this was a thing apparently but NOW... :lol:

Sometimes less is less. That glimpse of a guy using a hardware sequence as an example of more? That's passing silly.

80s tech results in 80s music, pretty basic and cost you thousands.
Do it all now for free, except the cost of a comouter

Id like to see you try and compose some Autechre or Richard Devine type shit with that setup.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

less is only more if you're on a diet.
otherwise the maths doesn't add up.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Id like to see you try and compose some Autechre or Richard Devine type shit with that setup.
yeah

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 pm less is only more if you're on a diet.
otherwise the maths doesn't add up.
What about midgets? A gluttonous midget still eat less? I don't know.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

jancivil wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:31 pm
dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:28 pm
chk071 wrote:
Yes and no.

Somehow people made music before there was any recording mechanism whatsoever. SO?

'made music quickly' - this is a bit absurd for a person who can make music by hand in real time.

Is this the reason for a sequencer? Yes we can sequence things we cannot achieve in real time. Is the preference now to make this happen quickly at all costs. Or is the idea perhaps more control of the sequence.

See, I was active during the 80s, during the 70s, during the 90s, during the oughts. I have good reason to prefer what I have today. I would need tons of money in those days to even get close to what I'm able to do in my bed. Wait, no, this music wouldn't happen without what I have today at all.

"the distraction of the internet" - as though you're not free to leave it off. The distraction of parties, the distraction of sex, the distraction of the TV, the distraction of...
none of this was a thing apparently but NOW... :lol:

Sometimes less is less. That glimpse of a guy using a hardware sequence as an example of more? That's passing silly.
Ergo, for you, more is less.

dellboy wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:45 pm Watch it all the way through and notice how the girl changes her guitar, but never actually plays either of them.
You haven't seen the entire series Here ya go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEWK0aM ... HF&index=4

I remember when that episode originally aired on my local pbs on a saturday afternoon. Because I promply went out and bought one of these.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

i made music so fast once, it broke the sound barrier so couldn't be heard by any body :(

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”