Best of...your Black Friday weekend haul?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bliss sampler $39,50
Izotope Breaktweker $24,50
S14 upgrade € 74,50
2 free jrr sound expansion:VC080 orchestra + VC080 basses
TOTAL with extra Jrr discount $ 123 About Euro 105

Soundspot Nebula € 1 + Free Neutron element

Upgrade the Melda Production free FX pack with 50 % +20% discount +10 tokens € 10,00

Sample From Mars complete Boundle € 35

I set a € 250 budget,I spent just 151, so now I can blu NI Reaktor € 99...and I'm done 'tille next Black Friday :D
Last edited by reusenoise on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

I didn't think I'd like Arturia Collection V 6 as much as I do, I was infatuated instantly.

I also got Synthmaster 2.9 for £8, it's much better than I anticipated.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

All I was after was the Studio One 4 Pro update...

So I splashed out big and got it for peanuts from the JRR shop...

There are some nice new features and improvements in efficiency and workflow in version 4 :tu:
No auto tune...

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:44 am 'Affinity Photo' - Mac photo-editing program.
I saw that there's a sale on it. I grabbed it full price a few weeks ago. Nice software. The only thing I find inferior to Photoshop (Elements) is that there's not nearly as many and as qualitative filters. They announced that they will add some more soon, though.
Yeah! Saw the sale price this morning, and thought to grab it. Was gonna wait, but worth saving those pennies.

I have zero experience with photo-editing, save for some minutes effin' around with Snapseed on ios. As such, I don't really have any frame of reference. Udemy have some sales on courses, so might try and get some beginners tuition. Other than that, I'd welcome anything the developers wish to add.

robotmonkey wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:02 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:22 am
robotmonkey wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 pm I can now add Soundtoys Crystallizer to my very short list. Smart move from Soundtoys to put on sale again. It was the only plugin I wanted from them. Even thought this price was pushing it for a iLok plugin I begrudgingly bit the bullet.
You didn't need to use iLok, Soundtoys now offers a serial-only version for newly-purchased plugs.
How it works is still quite unclear. You still need to install iLok Manager for it to work so I guess it's not serial only protection like u-he. Because of that I opted to buy it from JRR Shop because of extra 3$ discount than directly from Soundtoys. And that was pretty much the top I was willing to pay.
Well sh*t, that's disheartening. If customers still have to install and use iLok, Soundtoys really needs to change the misleading wording here:
With this release, newly purchased Soundtoys plug-ins can now be activated using Activation Codes. This is a feature we’re introducing to make it easier for new customers to get up and running quickly without requiring an iLok.com account.
:?

Pianoteq has been on my to-buy list for a while, and thanks to a double discount error at JRR, I was able to pick up the Pro version for half price. I picked up a few smaller cheap things this year, but couldn't tell you whether any of them were good deals because I've been too busy tweaking prepared pianos!

Elated with Sononym. It's solidly increased my productivity the past two weeks so the sale was a no brainer.

Waiting eagerly on the Sensel Morph to ship. Not just for MPE music but video editing and all sorts of control in a super portable package. $100 off made the price right. Hopefully it's as good in practice as it is on digital display.

Really enjoying the EZkeys String Machine $29 deal for the sounds alone. Solina, Eminent 310 and more, it sounds gorgeous. FX are by Overloud, the chorus and phaser are really good on the samples. Inspiring. But definitely would not have paid regular price for it.

Got the 2018 update to last year's Samples From Mars complete bundle. Really nice additions; Soviet Synths adds a wonderful Tom 1501 to my pad collection.

Got NOS Roomer as a free bonus from JRR Shop. It's an unnatural and somewhat ridiculous reverb that sounds like nothing else, but it works really well on a lot of material, particularly synths.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 pm Well sh*t, that's disheartening. If customers still have to install and use iLok, Soundtoys really needs to change the misleading wording here:
With this release, newly purchased Soundtoys plug-ins can now be activated using Activation Codes. This is a feature we’re introducing to make it easier for new customers to get up and running quickly without requiring an iLok.com account.
iLok is a Pace property. Pace has been in the digital rights management game for a long time and has other products. Soundtoys is likely using one of those since they already have a business relationship and bought into the ecosystem. So it is correct that you do not need an iLok account but would still need a Pace DRM software installed. If you completely oppose DRM then I don't know what to say.

If you're an audio software developer you're focused on cross platform interoperability, GUIs, DSP, etc., and copy protection is the last thing anyone wants to do except a few masochists that treat it as a necessary game against crackers. I'd rather they outsource it to a common DRM vendor like Pace than implement their own system which becomes another product to support and another installation manager to upkeep. Division of labor is simply more efficient and saves everyone money in the long run.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 pm Well sh*t, that's disheartening. If customers still have to install and use iLok, Soundtoys really needs to change the misleading wording here:
iLok is a Pace property. Pace has been in the digital rights management game for a long time and has other products. Soundtoys is likely using one of those since they already have a business relationship and bought into the ecosystem. So it is correct that you do not need an iLok account but would still need a Pace DRM software installed. If you completely oppose DRM then I don't know what to say.

If you're an audio software developer you're focused on cross platform interoperability, GUIs, DSP, etc., and copy protection is the last thing anyone wants to do except a few masochists that treat it as a necessary game against crackers. I'd rather they outsource it to a common DRM vendor like Pace than implement their own system which becomes another product to support and another installation manager to upkeep. Division of labor is simply more efficient and saves everyone money in the long run.
I agree with you overall: yes I'd rather have to deal with Pace copy protection than Soundtoy's own copy protection system...but I still think wording it as though a customer is allowed to choose between a serial or iLok is extremely misleading. Stating that a user can choose a simple serial number or the iLok copy protection system says to me that if he / she chooses a serial, it's only a serial number, not a serial number with a copy protection system like Pace. Again, I think Soundtoys needs to change their wording as it's very misleading.

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 am Stating that a user can choose a simple serial number or the iLok copy protection system says to me that if he / she chooses a serial, it's only a serial number, not a serial number with a copy protection system like Pace. Again, I think Soundtoys needs to change their wording as it's very misleading.
They specifically say "activation code". That's certainly up to interpretation but it's definitely not a simple "serial number". To me, that implies phoning home and reporting a machine ID. But the FAQ doesn't say anything about offline activation so I have no idea what it's actually doing.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:28 am
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 am Stating that a user can choose a simple serial number or the iLok copy protection system says to me that if he / she chooses a serial, it's only a serial number, not a serial number with a copy protection system like Pace. Again, I think Soundtoys needs to change their wording as it's very misleading.
They specifically say "activation code". That's certainly up to interpretation but it's definitely not a simple "serial number". To me, that implies phoning home and reporting a machine ID. But the FAQ doesn't say anything about offline activation so I have no idea what it's actually doing.
That's not how I read it tbh, but fair point and I'll concede that you're most likely correct.

"activation code" is literally what you apply in iLok License Manager.

My favourite: I finally purchased the beautifully sampled Conservatoire Collection by the Soniccoiture.

Happily awaiting the Sensel Morph with two overlays...
Atlas... 49$
Got astonishingly good sounding Wobble and Loom for bargains I hesitate to mention...
Sonivox Orchestral companions to complete my pallette - a complete orchestra for less than 15 €
Novation Stations out of nostalgia...
Some more of those < 2$ PB honeypots...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”