WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (on guitars)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm few years back in the uk, the daily mail used to come out with a cancer scare story almost daily.
to the point even broccoli was named as a cancer causing food :dog:
Well it might be if you pour mercury all over it. But, I mean, why would you even do that?

justin3am wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 pm few years back in the uk, the daily mail used to come out with a cancer scare story almost daily.
Well it might be if you pour mercury all over it. But, I mean, why would you even do that?
well, it might improve the taste, it is broccoli afterall :lol:

My father (studied chemistry, among others) told me that mercury almost doesn't evaporate (unless it's extremely hot). So, even if you break a energy saving lamp (mercury is almost non existant in there, by the way), you hardly stand a chance to get harmed by that. It's one of those mystery substances, which is considered extremely harmful, although most people know literally nothing about it. (Of course it is harmful, it's just that the amount is usually so small, and, as i mentioned, it almost doesn't evaporate anyway, so, you'd probably have to drink it to get harmed.)

Ok, if you pour it on your broccoli and eat it, might be a different thing. :D

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:07 pm
well, it might improve the taste, it is broccoli afterall :lol:
You're thinking of the Daily Express. Rabid hatemongering rag that the Mail is, it has some pretensions at including actual news, unlike the Express...

http://expressbingo.org.uk

ah well both shite i never read, easy to mix the two :)

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 pm ah well both shite i never read, easy to mix the two :)
I'll always remember an Express front page in the middle of the BSE 'crisis' - 'MILLIONS WILL DIE'. I think the final death toll was about 40...

:hihi:

I'm glad they didn't have this when I was a kid, with my mom? As it was she constantly tried to stop me from being a rock & roll guitar player (to quote fz, "dont you boys know any nice songs") if she saw this wanking would only have one meaning for me.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:o not at tea time dude!

breakfast and supper for that!

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 pm :o not at tea time dude!

breakfast and supper for that!
that makes no sense, it only takes one hand to drink tea but it can take two to eat :ud:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm just saw this today on the ams site. I was looking at an esp when I saw it, I checked 8 brands to see if they had it (random models)
Fender...yes
Gibson...no
Epiphone...no
Ibanez...yes
ESP...yes
Dean...yes
Schecter...yes
Jackson...yes

:?:
These are the guitars that come shipped from the factory with a cable.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 pm Reproductive harm if you do what to a Guitar?
You need to chew on the cable on a daily basis for some years.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:41 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm just saw this today on the ams site. I was looking at an esp when I saw it, I checked 8 brands to see if they had it (random models)
Fender...yes
Gibson...no
Epiphone...no
Ibanez...yes
ESP...yes
Dean...yes
Schecter...yes
Jackson...yes

:?:
These are the guitars that come shipped from the factory with a cable.

good point, didn't think of that

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”