Am I the only one disappointed by NAMM 2019 ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This year’s NAMM leaves me unimpressed. IMO no real new and exciting stuff, all quite underwhelming... What’s going on in this market? End of the boom? :scared:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:51 am This year’s NAMM leaves me unimpressed. IMO no real new and exciting stuff, all quite underwhelming... What’s going on in this market? End of the boom? :scared:
The best almost, but not quite, Namm 2019 release was the Behringer Crave, and they were not even there !

They chose to announce it on the last day of NAMM from there headquarters.

If they had been there on the opening day it would probably have been the star release of NAMM.

You mean the MIDI 2 announcement didn't flatten you with it's incredible offerings of superiority and technical wow-factorness?!

I liked it! But lately the cooler things have a tendency to be released during Frankfurt or the more indie-developer focused Superbooth. Really looking forward to the latter.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

yeah and superbooth is close enough for me to care
namm is cool n all, but i cant go, so forget it :shrug:

No Logic 10.5. :x :cry:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

pljones wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:36 pm You mean the MIDI 2 announcement didn't flatten you with it's incredible offerings of superiority and technical wow-factorness?!
Announcements are announcements are announcements are...

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:46 pm I liked it! But lately the cooler things have a tendency to be released during Frankfurt or the more indie-developer focused Superbooth. Really looking forward to the latter.

/C
I will go there... :tu:

Why won't korg do a Arp2600 Re-release.. ugh
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:10 pm Why won't korg do a Arp2600 Re-release.. ugh
they might
given behringer have just slapped the market silly, korg and the rest are gonna be having to pull something big out soon to stay in the game.

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:13 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:10 pm Why won't korg do a Arp2600 Re-release.. ugh
they might
given behringer have just slapped the market silly, korg and the rest are gonna be having to pull something big out soon to stay in the game.
It's really the ONE analog mono synth I want to put my money towards. I'd love to own a Arp2600 one day, it's one of my absolute favourites.
:borg:

synthi for me, as the dream i mean :love:

dellboy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 amThe best almost, but not quite, Namm 2019 release was the Behringer Crave, and they were not even there !
It's really just a dirt cheap Mother-32 (Bother-32?) in a cute form factor, and it kind of cripples the 3340 VCO it uses by only offering saw and pulse outputs (when it's a triangle core oscillator in the first place)... :neutral:

NAMM isn't really the big synth event of the year anymore, but still. Stuff that grabbed my attention:

the new Volcas
Make Noise QPAS
mebbe that new Noise Engineering triple distortion

Things I paid attention to, but won't be getting:

the Crave
Waverazor in Eurorack
Moog Sirin
Arturia MicroFreak (I just want the keyboard!)
PO Modular
Qu-Bit Bloom
Verbos Mini Horse (nice concept, too expensive)
Buchla Thunder overlay for the Sensel Morph
Dreadbox Komorebi
Eventide Rose
Last edited by foosnark on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooh i didn't see that waverazor?
ill have to look in to that

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm yeah and superbooth is close enough for me to care
namm is cool n all, but i cant go, so forget it :shrug:
Are you coming to superbooth? Then we definitely have to set up a KVR meating! Or even better set up a jam session...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”