Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you listen to synthesizer music?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:58 am

I am still interested in hearing someone play a synthesizer.
61%
I mainly listen to samples fed through effects to a beat.
7%
I'm just hear for the drugs and sex.
11%
fish.
20%

Total votes: 54

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:49 am but, there is a difference between synthesis and a synthesizer.
well of course.
one is an actual instrument, the other is a term used in many areas not just within music.

still to ask the question "will people listen if i release a synthesiser album"
requires more information.
people could say yes, of course.
then you release something that isn't the same style that they mean by synthesiser music...

you would then be, see you don't listen to synthesiser music, and theyd be yes i do...

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 am alright, I got a question. I wanted to add this to a previous thread but was unable to create a poll on a created thread so here's a new thread. It's a survey. this is a free and open survey... no judgment. I'm not going to trash you for your answer. The question is...

Do you listen to synthesizer music anymore? Or is it just samples fed through effects?

again, I'm not here to judge. I'm trying to decide if I made a synthesizer album, if anyone would be interested still, so answer without shame. I won't be judgmental.

this is a 60 day poll, and you can change your vote.
nobody cares what you use, they will either like it or not

the average listener is not a KvR member... thankfully

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 am Nice! Haven't listened to it for years but it's about my favourite Banshees album and this is my favourite song from it.
Yeah, it’s a hell of an album with some great songs on it and a couple of them were just Siouxsie and Steve Severin (and a couple more just Budgie added). Unlike anything else they ever did.

I'm just hear for the drugs and sex.
I must have missed that ... new forum? :hyper:

BTW Dasheesh ... it's spelled here (not hear). :P

Strictly from synth, definite no here.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:34 am
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 am I'm trying to decide if I made a synthesizer album, if anyone would be interested still...
There seems to be a lot of interest in synthwave/retrowave these days, don't see why you need a poll for that :D
PR stunt?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:45 am I listen to music. I don’t care if it’s played on Mongolian nose flutes or a Stradivarius, as long as it’s good.
I prefer synthesized Mongolian nose flutes though

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:46 am
highkoo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 amsamples and fx for me, gramps
Yet too stupid to actually vote in the poll. Doesn't say a lot for the younger generation, does it?
I will leave the 'polls' to you tough guy. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 am As to the poll, how can you not answer "fish", given the other choices available?
Agreed

I'm surprised that anyone has chosen the option where they just listen to the drugs and sex...

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:55 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:34 am
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 am I'm trying to decide if I made a synthesizer album, if anyone would be interested still...
There seems to be a lot of interest in synthwave/retrowave these days, don't see why you need a poll for that :D
PR stunt?
not sure if this is some sort of rhyming slang? 🧐

fese wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:57 amI never listened to “synthesizer music”. Most of it feels cold and lifeless to me
Then you're not doing it right. My synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

should the synth be turned on before we listen to it?
Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yes, absolutely. I was fortunate enough to be in DC last year when Suzanne Ciani played at the Kennedy Center. She did a 40 minute set on a new Buchla modular, and had cameras pointed at the rig so we could watch her work with the instrument. Heaven. :phones:

Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”