Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am
so you listen to stuff and do a sort of podcast show including others music?
or review via text comments?
There's a link to the reviews in the first post. :arrow:

User avatar
4damind
KVRAF
5036 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 pm

The idea is not really new, I have already found my music on some "review channels" on Youtube ;) But the problem is only moved to another channel.
It only works if the channel itself has a lot of subscribers and gets a lot of attention and the channel probably won't have that.

Meffy
Skunk Mod
21314 posts since 10 Jun, 2004 from Pony Pasture

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 pm

"clearely implies that you expected us/me to spam around, not needed that you spell it out"

Wrong. This is your imagination speaking, not my actions. You're digging that hole deeper. If you're reasonably smart you'll drop the shovel and respond to words that are actually posted rather than those you imagine others are thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_ ... ,_methinks

[eta] If I had decided that you were a spammer, I would not have bothered to reply nor to inform you of KVR's policy with respect to the Music Cafe. Your post would have been deleted and you would not be able to log in. So far I've found duplicates of this topic posted to just one or possibly two other forums (one appears to have deleted it). That doesn't quality as spam. Not yet.

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8291 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Very strange approach to doing this YouTube channel by hiding behind a 3D avatar instead of showing your face.

The animation is so bad it's like watching a mannequin talk..

Kind of creepy actually
:borg:

deastman
KVRAF
7403 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:15 am
EMReviews wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:13 am
wagtunes wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 am
To answer your question, I find Youtube a waste of time. YMMV.
Waste of time in regards of waiting for feedback when promoting a tune on YT? Or what in particular?
Waste of time period.
I know I waste a lot of time there! :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3796 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?
Not yet, but I'll create an album when I'm ready ;)

As to Youtube channel with music... well, as everything else, it depends on popularity. Popular channel may promote unknown artists, or popular artists may promote unknown channel. Other combinations don't make much sense.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 pm

4damind wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 pm
The idea is not really new, I have already found my music on some "review channels" on Youtube ;) But the problem is only moved to another channel.
It only works if the channel itself has a lot of subscribers and gets a lot of attention and the channel probably won't have that.
We've just started a week ago. Let's see where we are in a year. Meanwhile the slots for reviews are filled for almost half a year. That after just a week being online. So, unlike some rather not so friendly waves received from some ppl in the forums, our inbox gets flooded at the moment. Understandable, since it's free - and a bit... odd, compared to the usual channels. ;)

Let me be curious, those other review channels, did they just grab your music and criticised it or did they get in touch with you beforehand?

deastman
KVRAF
7403 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm

EMReviews wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 pm
4damind wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 pm
The idea is not really new, I have already found my music on some "review channels" on Youtube ;) But the problem is only moved to another channel.
It only works if the channel itself has a lot of subscribers and gets a lot of attention and the channel probably won't have that.
We've just started a week ago. Let's see where we are in a year. Meanwhile the slots for reviews are filled for almost half a year. That after just a week being online. So, unlike some rather not so friendly waves received from some ppl in the forums, our inbox gets flooded at the moment. Understandable, since it's free - and a bit... odd, compared to the usual channels. ;)

Let me be curious, those other review channels, did they just grab your music and criticised it or did they get in touch with you beforehand?
Congratulations! That’s great news for your channel! You should be able to garner enough subscribers to begin monetizing in no time at all!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

spunkmuffin
KVRian
924 posts since 5 Sep, 2014 from Heaven

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Hey Matt in your profile pic it looks like you've got your hand up against glass. Are you being held against your will by some big name producer? Please try message us your location so we can deploy one of our crack KVR extraction teams to bust you out.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:24 pm

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 pm
Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?
Not yet, but I'll create an album when I'm ready ;)

As to Youtube channel with music... well, as everything else, it depends on popularity. Popular channel may promote unknown artists, or popular artists may promote unknown channel. Other combinations don't make much sense.
Good luck for the album! ;)

Maybe... Usually the popular ones feature popular people, which don't need much promotion anymore and popular artists might only promote unknown channels, if the payment is right. As for us, we are a totally unknown channel at the moment and maybe for ever will, but we're out for the unknown artists/producers. Since we know how even tiny changes in a concept can make things big over night. Sometimes.

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
16079 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I like the idea; especially with the focus moving away from eDm. I also have no issue with the avatar being used. What I do take issue with is the processing of the voice-over. Seems way too close-miked, although much of that is likely to do with the heavy use of compression. It's boomy, and way too loud when juxtaposed with the more ambient soundtracks in the background. And having all the sounds from your mouth (Y'know, the ones most engineers would be looking to get rid of) so upfront, is more than a little, erm...unsettling :scared:

Furthermore, your accent is pretty monotone (Not criticising how you speak), but please don't remove all of the dynamics, also :tu:

In it's current form it is just unlistenable for me. It's a shame, because it could be interesting :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 pm

deastman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Congratulations! That’s great news for your channel! You should be able to garner enough subscribers to begin monetizing in no time at all!
:hihi: :hihi: Lol. Nope. Because of the nature of the reviews, all vids contain 3rd party content. They aren't eligible to be monetized.

User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:36 pm

spunkmuffin wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm
Hey Matt in your profile pic it looks like you've got your hand up against glass. Are you being held against your will by some big name producer? Please try message us your location so we can deploy one of our crack KVR extraction teams to bust you out.
Finally someone received my encoded SOS.... 8)

User avatar
EMReviews
KVRist
34 posts since 14 Feb, 2020

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:33 pm
I like the idea; especially with the focus moving away from eDm. I also have no issue with the avatar being used. What I do take issue with is the processing of the voice-over. Seems way too close-miked, although much of that is likely to do with the heavy use of compression. It's boomy, and way too loud when juxtaposed with the more ambient soundtracks in the background. And having all the sounds from your mouth (Y'know, the ones most engineers would be looking to get rid of) so upfront, is more than a little, erm...unsettling :scared:

Furthermore, your accent is pretty monotone (Not criticising how you speak), but please don't remove all of the dynamics, also :tu:

In it's current form it is just unlistenable for me. It's a shame, because it could be interesting :shrug:
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are still twiddling around with some technical issues and we cannot agree commonly so far, yet, what sound we actually want, rather radio voice or gentle 'n soothing. But before being perfect it's more important to start at all. So, things will become smooth with time, I bet. Give it time. :wink:

deastman
KVRAF
7403 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm

EMReviews wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 pm
deastman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Congratulations! That’s great news for your channel! You should be able to garner enough subscribers to begin monetizing in no time at all!
:hihi: :hihi: Lol. Nope. Because of the nature of the reviews, all vids contain 3rd party content. They aren't eligible to be monetized.
Well that sucks. :(. What is your business plan, in that case? Sponsored content?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”