Knobcloud.com - a free vst-marketplace

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

razornaut wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:09 pm I watched that video, and on the back of it signed up to KnobCloud (I hate myself a little for being so easily influenced) and managed to shift a few things pretty quickly that no one on KVR was interested in (I thought the asking prices were very reasonable; I don't care about getting even close to breaking even, just getting rid of things I no longer/never use as I barely write any tunes anymore). There are some issues with buyers misunderstanding what they need to provide, even though the listings on KnobCloud make it very clear - nothing major, just some confusion over currencies and required information not being provided. I like the suggested transfer fees and hints when listing; made life a lot easier. One negative, and not the site's fault, and that is the annoying messages requesting trades (I don't want your Waves plugins!), or seriously ridiculous low-ball offers, which I've also had from posting on KVR, e.g. "I only got $20, help a bro out here!! I really neeeeeed The Glue!". Hopefully the listings do normalise as more items are posted (Pulsar Smasher for $10? Doesn't everyone and their grandmothers have this already and for free? Good luck in that, I guess).

I'm sure it's been said by many here... But... The name. Not sure about any other country, but in the UK at least, "Knob" has a rather unfortunate meaning. Maybe this is what you're going for; the double entendre... It is a bit of a knob thing to do: sell plugins second hand, doing the plugin developers out of a legit full price sale.
Hi Razornaut,

thank you. It is planned to give sellers an option to disable messages until a purchase is made. I know, the name. I did not realize what it meant, but so far it really has helped get attention, and besides the doubleedged meaning I think it is a good metaphore for what is going on.
Knobcloud.com - marketplace for audio software

gnu23 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:27 pm Great idea, and I will be following the site. I hope this is successful for all involved: sellers, buyers, and the KnobCloud team.
Thank you!

Yeah, the site looks really brilliant. About time that I register. :)

Grottengeier wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:52 pm
razornaut wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:09 pm I watched that video, and on the back of it signed up to KnobCloud (I hate myself a little for being so easily influenced) and managed to shift a few things pretty quickly that no one on KVR was interested in (I thought the asking prices were very reasonable; I don't care about getting even close to breaking even, just getting rid of things I no longer/never use as I barely write any tunes anymore). There are some issues with buyers misunderstanding what they need to provide, even though the listings on KnobCloud make it very clear - nothing major, just some confusion over currencies and required information not being provided. I like the suggested transfer fees and hints when listing; made life a lot easier. One negative, and not the site's fault, and that is the annoying messages requesting trades (I don't want your Waves plugins!), or seriously ridiculous low-ball offers, which I've also had from posting on KVR, e.g. "I only got $20, help a bro out here!! I really neeeeeed The Glue!". Hopefully the listings do normalise as more items are posted (Pulsar Smasher for $10? Doesn't everyone and their grandmothers have this already and for free? Good luck in that, I guess).

I'm sure it's been said by many here... But... The name. Not sure about any other country, but in the UK at least, "Knob" has a rather unfortunate meaning. Maybe this is what you're going for; the double entendre... It is a bit of a knob thing to do: sell plugins second hand, doing the plugin developers out of a legit full price sale.
Hi Razornaut,

thank you. It is planned to give sellers an option to disable messages until a purchase is made. I know, the name. I did not realize what it meant, but so far it really has helped get attention, and besides the doubleedged meaning I think it is a good metaphore for what is going on.
That's cool. I reread what I posted and what I had written sounded rather negative (not at all my intention, and the comment on the name was hopefully taken in jest), even though my experience with KnobCloud so far has been highly positive. I just want be clear: this is a great service! Thank you!

Getting rid of pre-purchase messages might be good for me personally, but there may be other sellers who are interested in this sort of thing, and buyers may have legit questions about any conditions of a license transfer. Maybe just a display option on the listing which makes it clear that requests for trades will be ignored and prices are non-negotiable? Or maybe an eBay style 'Best Offer' option, should that be desirable...? Sorry, I'm sure you're getting loads of unsolicited feature request, I'm just impressed with the service (and I've got a load more things to try and shift... I went on a massive gear acquisition syndrome bender a couple of years back, and am stuck with a lot of very nice things that I never use).

Again, thank you! I wish you all the best with KnobCloud.

There is way too many ads without pictures/screenshots of the product, way too many weird bundles for weird prices, way too many previously free products sold for loads of money, etc. Some people sell a certain product for 20 eur, but the next person sells it for 150 eur, etc. Its hard to find a good deal when you are bombarded by all the crap. Some additional regulations are really necessary, imo.

HcDoom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:19 pm There is way too many ads without pictures/screenshots of the product, way too many weird bundles for weird prices, way too many previously free products sold for loads of money, etc. Some people sell a certain product for 20 eur, but the next person sells it for 150 eur, etc. Its hard to find a good deal when you are bombarded by all the crap. Some additional regulations are really necessary, imo.
Hi,

the page is being redesigned but this is gonna take some time. When it is done I will be sticking notes to the items which will be about regular price, and especially if a product used to be free etc.

However as it is, I do believe there has been a lot of progress made regarding the things you are talking about. And of course, I can´t control the prices or if someone sticks a picture to their ads or not.

If you have a regulation in mind that you think might be helpful, let me know. It is already forbidden to sell unregistered licenses, which should take care of the freebie-problem.

I've just signed up as have a load of stuff to sell that I was hoping work would re-imburse me for, alas was not to be.

Would like it if there was a number of views ala eBay.

razornaut wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:09 pm I'm sure it's been said by many here... But... The name. Not sure about any other country, but in the UK at least, "Knob" has a rather unfortunate meaning. Maybe this is what you're going for; the double entendre... It is a bit of a knob thing to do: sell plugins second hand, doing the plugin developers out of a legit full price sale.
Doesn't the context give it away though? I mean... considering the original meaning of the word "knob". Or does everyone refer to the other meaning, when you say that a knob of your synthesizer is missing, for example?

I don't see the issue. But, I'm not a native English speaker.

Why is y'all fragile male egos still so phobic bout it?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:21 pm
razornaut wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:09 pm I'm sure it's been said by many here... But... The name. Not sure about any other country, but in the UK at least, "Knob" has a rather unfortunate meaning. Maybe this is what you're going for; the double entendre... It is a bit of a knob thing to do: sell plugins second hand, doing the plugin developers out of a legit full price sale.
Doesn't the context give it away though? I mean... considering the original meaning of the word "knob". Or does everyone refer to the other meaning, when you say that a knob of your synthesizer is missing, for example?

I don't see the issue. But, I'm not a native English speaker.
I told my fiance I was selling some stuff on here and she guffawed at the name!

Hello,

got an offer here with a link to knobcloud. Why there an not here?

Hpwenzel wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm Hello,

got an offer here with a link to knobcloud. Why there an not here?
It might have been bought already. Can you show the link?

melomood wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:10 pm Why is y'all fragile male egos still so phobic bout it?
it's not that, just, a cloud of them.
reminds me of one time at bandcamp...

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:21 pm I don't see the issue. But, I'm not a native English speaker.
Neither am I but living in Maine sometimes I wonder with some of our names of towns, rivers, lakes and what not
Common languages:

Northern: Abnaki, Maliseet, Mi'kmaq, Passamaquoddy
Southern: Abnaki, Norridgewock, Pennacook, Penobscot
Allagash River (and town): (Abnaki) "bark shelter"
Androscoggin River: (Abnaki) "place where fish are dried/cured"
Aroostook River: (Mi'kmaq) "beautiful river"
Aziscohos Lake: (Abnaki) "small pine trees"
Caribou: (Abnaki) kalibu "shoveler" (gets food by pawing or shoveling)
Casco Bay: (Mi'kmaq) muddy
Chebeague Island: (Abnaki) "separated place"
Chemquasabamticook Lake: (Abnaki) "where there is a large lake and roocks"
Chesuncook Lake: (Abnaki) "at the principal outlet"
Chiputneticook Lakes: (Abnaki) "at the place of the big hill stream"
Cobscook Bay: (Maliseet) "rocks under water"
Cobbosseecontee Lake: (Abnaki) "many sturgeon"
Damariscotta (and lake and river): (Abnaki) "many alewives"
Katahdin: (Abnaki) "the principal mountain"
Kennebago Lake: (Abnaki) "long/large pond/lake"
Kennebec River: (Abnaki) "long quiet water"
Kennebunk (and river): (Abnaki) "long sand bar"
Madawaska River: (Mi'kmaq) "where one river joins another"
Matagamon: (Abnaki) "far on the other side"
Matinicus Island: (Abnaki) "far-out island"
Mattamiscontis Lake: (Abnaki) "many ale-wives"
Mattawamkeag River (and town): (Abnaki) "fishing beyond gravel bar" or (Mi'kmaq) "on a sand bar"
Metinic Island: (Abnaki) "far-out island"
Millinocket (and lake): (Abnaki) "this place is admirable"
Molunkus Pond (and stream): (Abnaki) "ravine"
Monhegan Island: (Mi'kmaq or Maliseet) "out-to-sea island"
Mooselookmeguntic Lake: (Abnaki) "moose feeding place" (portage to or big trees at)
Muscongus Bay: (Abnaki) "many/large rock ledges"
Musquash Lake: (Abnaki) "muskrat"
Musquacook River (and lake): (Abnaki) "muskrat place"
Nahmakanta Lake: (Abnaki) "many fish"
Nollesemic (and lake): (Abnaki) "resting place at the falls"
Ogunquit: (Mi'kmaq) "lagoons within dunes"
Orono: (Abnaki) purportedly from a Chief Joseph Orono, no translation
Ossipee River: (Abnaki) "beyond the water"
Oquossoc: (Abnaki) "place of trout" (a certain trout-type)
Passadumkeag: (Abnaki) "rapids over gravel beds"
Passamaquoddy Bay: tribal name; "place of abundance of pollack"
Pemadumcook Lake: (Maliseet) "extended sand bar place"
Pemaquid: (Mi'kmaq) "extended land" (peninsula)
Penobscot River: (Abnaki?) tribal name; "place of descending rocks/ledges"
Piscataqua River (NH border): (Pennacook) "the place where the river divides"
Piscataquis River (Abnaki) "at the river branch"
Quoddy Head (Passamaquoddy) abbreviation to "pollack"
Saco (and river): (Abnaki) "flowing out" or "outlet"
Sebago Lake (and town): (Abnaki) "big lake"
Sebasticook Lake: (Penobscot-Abnaki) "almost-through place"
Seboomook Lake (and town): (Abnaki) "at the large stream"
Skowhegan (town): (Abnaki) "watching place [for fish]"
Squapan Lake (and town): (Abnaki) "bear's den"
Umcolcus Lake: (Abnaki) "whistling duck"
Usuntabunt Lake: (Abnaki) "wet head" or possibly "three heads"
Wassutaquook River: sp.
Webhannet River: (Abnaki) "at the clear stream"
there are more because my favorite was Passagassawakeag River on RTE1 in Belfast Maine, the sign on the bridge was really long and funny for new friends coming up to Maine to try and read in the short time seeing it driving past.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”