Why Do You Create Music ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eb23 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm Why? That would imply Free Will, a concept no-one has ever proved yet.
:roll:
There is no definition of free will that everyone can agree with. It's an opinion, then. It cannot be proven or disproven because it's not a real thing, just a notion or an idea. If the thing you want to say is the reason one would "create music" is necessarily deterministic or is an example of fatalism, well... good luck

By some accounts, free will depends on whether or not randomness truly exists at the quantum level.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I have no choice. I have to.

jamcat wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm By some accounts, free will depends on whether or not randomness truly exists at the quantum level.
cool.
next time im in court for a criminal offence, my defence is "i have no free will, unless you can prove otherwise. by proving the existence of randomness, at the quantum level. i rest my case your honour"
8)

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm By some accounts, free will depends on whether or not randomness truly exists at the quantum level.
cool.
next time im in court for a criminal offence, my defence is "i have no free will, unless you can prove otherwise. by proving the existence of randomness, at the quantum level. i rest my case your honour"
8)
ah, but if you are the plaything of a fate that has led you to crime then you are obviously fated to have a shit life and get banged up for it. QED prosecution rests m'lud.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

luckily i dont get caught doing owt :o

.jon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:14 pmBut you must understand that it's not at all about the intrinsic value of your output, it's about your output being unique.
Why does it have to be unique? What if someone else has expressed the same thought better than you, wouldn't it make more sense to copy them rather than to stick with your unique but inadequate expression? I can't say I have ever worried about my music being unique, that it sort of is is simply a product of my process.
The sole thing we owe to each other is telling what we think, and how we feel. By any means necessary.
Why? Who do you think wants to hear it?
eb23 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pmWhy? That would imply Free Will, a concept no-one has ever proved yet.
It's a concept specifically designed to be unprovable but, in reality, we all have free will. The universe didn't determine that I would have a cheese and bacon burger with chips for lunch today, that was my choice and mine alone.
empphryio wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 am For me it's like alchemy, like someone trying to make gold, keep on hoping I'll hit on a perfect combination and make something that really has this massive effect on people.
Why is that important? Why can't you just be pleased within yourself that you have made something good and worthwhile? Why do you give other people so much power over you?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 am
It's a concept specifically designed to be unprovable but, in reality, we all have free will. The universe didn't determine that I would have a cheese and bacon burger with chips for lunch today, that was my choice and mine alone.
The multiverse theory would of course postulate that there exist infinite preordained iterations, including another BONES who has decided to have tofu and salad. Preposterous, and thereby invalidating the whole notion.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:00 amWhy Do You Create Music ?
I don't know what I'd do without music. But it would most likely be extremely violent. I'm not that stable and my obsession with music keeps my mind occupied.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:48 amThe multiverse theory would of course postulate that there exist infinite preordained iterations, including another BONES who has decided to have tofu and salad. Preposterous, and thereby invalidating the whole notion.
Actually, that's just science fiction's take on the idea of a multiverse. Most actual physicists think the very idea is stupid and the majority who think it might be possible wouldn't subscribe to that particular model of it (the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I would tend to say free will is relative. My choice of chicken from the grocery store above other things is somewhat conditioned by a number of things, which interact with a number of other things which were largely out of my control. Availability and cost, for instance.
I don't go for fatalism or hard determinism as they seem absurd notions pretty soon, upon examination.

rotku60 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:34 am
lfm wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:04 am There is absolutely no music out there worth listening to - I just had to make my own. :D ;)
> This...
just, wow. Heads up asses in the most extreme possible manifestation, absolutely no music before the grandness that is you came along.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Which of you with this notion are The One, though? You can't agree with the other guy if they're the singular creator of worthy music, that'd be you, yeah?
revvy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 am ^ wow, so hard to please, to put it, er, mildly.
"absolutely" no music, no less. That's literally delusional talk.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the universe may well be the product of someones imagination (admittedly someone with little imagination, no dragons for example) but it doesnt change the fact, if i dont pay my rent, im homeless.

id still like dragons though :(

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 pm
cool.
next time im in court for a criminal offence, my defence is "i have no free willy, unless you can prove otherwise. by proving the existence of randomness, at the quantum level. i rest my case your honour"
8)
don't bring free willy up in court someone would have a stroke

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”