Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

apd?

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

ah. no idea then
in general sales im currently keeping an eye out for deals on a guitar i like :)

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 pm APD=Audio Plugin Deals, links added.
people will need time to get use to user links being all green and referral links having the dots under it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm still waiting for them to have Nave on sale for that price...

I think their system is somewhat unfathomable though. "PPG Wave 3.0 for $29.99", then you click on that link, and it's $156, and tells you something about points you have to earn to get that price, or other plugins you have to buy to get that price on PPG Wave. I just want to buy plugins, not make a science out of it.

You either have a sale on something, or not. Having to buy other plugins is like those lame Waves sales, which lure you with free plugins, and then you have to buy at least 2 plugins worth more than $50 each to get a free plugin.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:26 pm Yes, no. I too find it a pain in the ass, but, what you have to realize is that it is just a re-offering of a deal to loyal customers.
They should declare it like that then. Absolutely zero indication that it's a loyalty offer, and not a normal sale.
APD_sale.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Some seem not to be... for instance, last I looked you get smarteq 2 for $39 there... I don’t know if it’s been a previous deal, but it’s cheaper than I saw anywhere else...

chroma wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:35 pm Some seem not to be... for instance, last I looked you get smarteq 2 for $39 there... I don’t know if it’s been a previous deal, but it’s cheaper than I saw anywhere else...
I don't know either, I don't watch it that closely. But, I do know that some things that were deals are now in the shop. They may or may not be the same base price in the shop as they were when they were a deal. I'd have to go research receipts to confirm that the few examples that I have are the same, I suspect not.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:34 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:26 pm Yes, no. I too find it a pain in the ass, but, what you have to realize is that it is just a re-offering of a deal to loyal customers.
They should declare it like that then. Absolutely zero indication that it's a loyalty offer, and not a normal sale.

APD_sale.jpg
It's even on your screenshot "how it works" just click on it and you know in less then a minute.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I actually read that, believe it or not.

Here's the relevant part:
WHAT DO ALL THESE PRICE POINTS IN THE SHOP MEAN… RETAIL PRICE, CURRENT PRICE, BASE PRICE?!?!?

Let’s say you missed a deal from APD, or simply like other products made by these developers, but still want a deal for less than the full “List Price”. No problem.

In The Shop we generally offer a reduced price on all products exclusive to The Shop. This is the “Current Price”, but why stop there?

You can reduce the Current Price of anything you fancy all the way down to it’s lowest advertised “Base Price” (in many cases the original deal price) by using your Rewards money, plus you can earn a one time $20 reward as a Bounty Hunter.
This doesn't explain shit. I still have no idea what a "base price" is supposed to be.

Why do they have such a convoluted system anyway, if not to confuse the customer? Just do deals, and maybe use rewards points, like every normal site does.

Apart from the fact that there's still no indication that the announced "81% off" is only 81% off in certain conditions, in the banner with the PPG Wave 3.0 offer.

Even Waves declare that in their offers:
Waves_sale.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”