Poll : Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Yes.
55%
No.
25%
I dont give a flying fish!
20%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

ooh that's pretty cool, real glitches not "programmed overlay" 8)

what ive just realised is really quite useful is that if the HDMI capture thingy works, then I can maybe just run a long cable from the studio to the system in this room and do all the capture here without worrying about anything running on the DAW.
I was going to see if I could rig something 'clever' to do it over the network (ie OBS Studio and NDI, which is a setup Ive used at work), but maybe no need.
Now, how much is a 7 or 8m HDMI cable? fifteen quid?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

third capture test, probably the last for right now. This time running the toy camera into an Arduino Video Experimenter shield, which is superimposing the text etc. That's just running the factory program for now.

https://youtu.be/brWMoqFYc1w

(Captured via the RCA->HDMI->USB chain.)

not a bad set up at all for the price.
even with an additional hdmi cable :hihi:

im currently thinking about building a green screen stage :o
luckily, as i want to film a couple of wind up walking toys, it means i can use a piece of green card, folded :band:

and...
using different coloured cards in strips, can make some of those opening credits like dallas :lol:

pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:58 am A 3 min Hypno OBS Studio test (video+audio), only VLC used to convert it to .mp4 VLC isn't overly
good at it either imo, it looks stylized but that's mostly quality loss. Not super fond of OBS either
tbh, and Vegas doesn't support NDI, at least the version I have. That's the problem I've found with
free video tools in the past, codec support is not very good IME. Going to take some experimenting
and possibly some different software. :shrug:

Anyway its interesting to try and do stuff with CV control,

*SERIOUS EPILEPSY WARNING!*...

https://vimeo.com/581493995
it's cool looking n all, but i can't help feeling like ive been hypnotized and there's an assassination i should be doing or something?

8) nice!
that would be cool as projections for a club too.

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm it's cool looking n all, but i can't help feeling like ive been hypnotized and there's an assassination i should be doing or something?
:lol:

So it turns out Milkdrop itself is still alive and kicking (who knew?) and since it’s open source there is quite a bit going on over the years.

This cool thing is called Nestdrop and licenes start at $1! It is intended as a live VJ tool and it is supposed to be sent to a video deck or to another systems running Resolume or something like it, so I’m not sure all what I’d need to do to use it for making a music video but it would be worth it! Just the curated preset collection with live preview and screenshot icons alone, then there’s all the added abilities to blend and control!
https://youtu.be/uYdNv0JrPbU

Oh, and I’ve been watching 4K Milkdrop screen captures and they look flawless, so I guess systems can now easily run Milkdrop full speed (these visualizer could be quite stressful on systems 10-15 years ago) and capture is no longer such a hurdle.

guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 pm So it turns out Milkdrop itself is still alive and kicking (who knew?) and since it’s open source there is quite a bit going on over the years.

This cool thing is called Nestdrop and licenes start at $1!
Nice find. This is the bit that specifically interests me:
Up to 4 video decks with Spout at the same time
Spout lets you send video between different applications that support it. I did some tests a year or two ago sending via Spout from the Unity game engine to Resolume and Madmapper for projection mapping, very nifty tech. MAX/MSP can send via Spout as well, so Max4Live->spout->whatever.

wait, shit. blender does spout?

wow.

And here was me focussed on working out how to upload 150-pixel monochrome images to an arduino. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:o :lol:

Also, as a 'channel ident' :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nicked that one off a picture of some hippy's t-shirt.

woohoo, royalties!!!

yay!

erm, wait, whut?

:cry:

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:28 pm yay!

erm, wait, whut?

:cry:
Hippy.

There can be only one, like highlander!

elxsound wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:30 pm There can be only one, like highlander!
No, ive definitely met more than one highlander.

or were they islanders. hmmm.

difficult to tell, tbh.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”