A Question About Being An Idiot And Buying the Wrong VST

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondered if anyone could help, I've made a bit of a balls up. I wanted to buy the ARP Odyssey from Korg in their sale. Unfortunately I bought the Wavestation by mistake. Not sure how this has happened, I think I forgot to clear the basket from when I was interested in it yesterday. I had decided against it and wanted the ARP instead. My own fault I guess.

I've contacted Korg support to ask if they can just 'swap' the item over. I don't want the Wavestation and can't really afford to make this mistake. I've sent a support request to Korg and am waiting on a response. I don't suppose there is anyone here familiar enough with Korg to advise. I understand Mr/Mrs Korg probably has better things to do than come here and read my monsense but I'm a bit gutted about this.

I appreciate it's my own stupidity but I'm not looking for responses that tell me
so, if you don't mind. I don't need reminding of my stupidity :D

Thanks, I hope this isn't too off topic

Could you just let the payment bounce? That could cancel the transaction :shrug:

[small](I am not a sales person and this is not advice)[/small]
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

are you in EUland? some software shops try to get around it by getting you to tick a box to say software sales are not refundable but you could use the distance-selling rules to get a refund so you can try again if korg doesn't cooperate (you get two weeks or so to cancel the order).

if you haven't activated the wavestation, they should agree to a swap and cancel the wavestation's serial without too much hassle. as it has to be activated by their software, they can easily check it hasn't been used. but i don't know how cooperative korg is on this kind of thing.

i had a similar snafu with arturia, but that was just a soundset and it was fairly obvious what had happened as i already owned it – they swapped it straightaway for the one i meant to put in the basket. but that's arturia and not korg.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:28 pm Could you just let the payment bounce? That could cancel the transaction :shrug:

[small](I am not a sales person and this is not advice)[/small]
I don't know how that would work. I also don't think that's allowed. Korg wouldn't allow that I'm sure otherwise they'd be out of business! The bank would not agree I'm sure

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:52 pm are you in EUland? some software shops try to get around it by getting you to tick a box to say software sales are not refundable but you could use the distance-selling rules to get a refund so you can try again if korg doesn't cooperate (you get two weeks or so to cancel the order).

if you haven't activated the wavestation, they should agree to a swap and cancel the wavestation's serial without too much hassle. as it has to be activated by their software, they can easily check it hasn't been used. but i don't know how cooperative korg is on this kind of thing.

i had a similar snafu with arturia, but that was just a soundset and it was fairly obvious what had happened as i already owned it – they swapped it straightaway for the one i meant to put in the basket. but that's arturia and not korg.
No, I'm in Brexitland! Lucky me.

I haven't activated the software. I'm waiting on Korg to reply. I honestly don't see that it should be a problem, but then it's really down to them.

Obviously if I had activated it then reasonably they could deny I guess. I don't really know how their systems work. Suppose I'll find out.

you're not necessarily out of luck in the UK if korg don't cooperate off the bat: the distance selling act is still in force. they haven't got around to changing the law yet: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance- ... ne-selling

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm you're not necessarily out of luck in the UK if korg don't cooperate off the bat: the distance selling act is still in force. they haven't got around to changing the law yet: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance- ... ne-selling
Thanks, I didn't check (why would I, I wasn't expecting to be an idiot) but I'm sure Korg have it covered in their terms and conditions which I probably accepted by virtue of agreeing to the sale. I'd go back and look but probably end up buying something else by mistake!

Pretty sure they'll sort you out. Just have a bit of patience, and wait for the response from support.

Hopefully they will be nice

If you havent registered the serial or whatever...do a swap.....youre still giving them money

Good luck

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:31 pm Hopefully they will be nice

If you havent registered the serial or whatever...do a swap.....youre still giving them money

Good luck
That's what I've asked them to do, hopefully they'll get back to me sooner rather than later.

if it goes to Japan, it might take until sunday night or monday at least before they are able to look at it.

I've no idea how long it will take, hopefully not that long. I assume they'd have agents operating, like, now, during business hours in the week. Don't see why it needs to go to Japan, but then it's out of my hands

I am pleased to report that Korg has come through and resolved the issue to my full satisfaction.

Well done Korg. Thanks very much

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”