PSA (no joke) for anyone with a mic and a DAW

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still have a hard time looking at pictures of my mum, who died eighteen months ago. Can’t really imagine listening to her voice… Maybe when more time has passed, dunno, but then I actually don’t have any recordings of her anyway.

F***, I do miss her.

fese wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm I still have a hard time looking at pictures of my mum, who died eighteen months ago. Can’t really imagine listening to her voice… Maybe when more time has passed, dunno, but then I actually don’t have any recordings of her anyway.

F***, I do miss her.
you always will :hug:
but it does get easier, 18 months is nothing, still too soon.

sorry for your loss.
Last edited by vurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I made cassette recordings of my kids when they were young (in the 80s). I digitized them and gave copies to them a few years ago. They really appreciated it at the time. I also have some 4track recordings of me & some of my friends from the 90s, off our faces on acid. They're hilarious.

fese wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:10 pm I still have a hard time looking at pictures of my mum, who died eighteen months ago. Can’t really imagine listening to her voice… Maybe when more time has passed, dunno, but then I actually don’t have any recordings of her anyway.

F***, I do miss her.
like I said I totally get that...but now I miss her voice, it takes time and a different amount of time for everyone. You know what's best for you, when it comes to mourning you do you just seems extremely appropriate. I am not talking religion here or life after death...but your mom is with you every where you go.

We may not remember the sound of the voice, but we do remember the messages, mom filled us up with an entire childhood of her words so we will carry her and them with us forever and a day. Mom preloaded us with plenty of love, understanding and wisdom to carry us through.

To be honest I use to fear dreams, I am a PTSD sufferer so that doesnt help, but I was very afraid to dream of Denise only to wake up and find out I lost her again.

I have had beautiful dreams of her, I have had sad dreams of her, the first time I woke up and sat on the edge of my bed and cried. Those dreams are a very important part of healing, I needed them and without them I dont think I would have found the peace I did.

I worked it out you see, some people think loved ones come to visit us after they have passed away. They dont, just like we do without even giving it another thought, our loved ones had planted seeds in our hearts, some of those seeds have grown into wonderful gardens where we go to visit with our lost loved ones as needed.

You too will find peace, it just takes time, but I found I got more than peace...:hug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Deep fakes need examples to go by. So yeah, record their voices while you still can!
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”