Fundorin's virtual audio gear collection

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be cool to see a wire frame, there are a number of ways to accomplish this kind of detail.
I am curious which you are using. In any event, it all looks great definitely.

pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:55 am It would be cool to see a wire frame, there are a number of ways to accomplish this kind of detail.
Thanks. Just tell me which model and I'll make a wireframe shot for you.

fundorin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:44 pm
pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:55 am It would be cool to see a wire frame, there are a number of ways to accomplish this kind of detail.
Thanks. Just tell me which model and I'll make a wireframe shot for you.
Thanks, whichever you prefer, I'm just interested in seeing what you've done with regard to geometry. 8)

Just checked out this thread - great stuff, fundorin. Really enjoying these :)

OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:52 pm Just checked out this thread - great stuff, fundorin. Really enjoying these :)
Thanks, mate.
pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:28 pm Thanks, whichever you prefer, I'm just interested in seeing what you've done with regard to geometry.
Here:
4.jpg
Preview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fundorin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:27 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:52 pm Just checked out this thread - great stuff, fundorin. Really enjoying these :)
Thanks, mate.
pekbro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:28 pm Thanks, whichever you prefer, I'm just interested in seeing what you've done with regard to geometry.
Here:

4.jpg

Preview.jpg
Cool, nice work again. You seem to be pretty prolific at modeling, perhaps you should try selling
3D assets in addition to offering contract work. If I were you, I might look into making assets
for DOTA or something, it's possible to make quite a lot of money doing that AFAIK, if you're
good. just sayin.

Anyway, thanks again, quite inspiring.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am You seem to be pretty prolific at modeling, perhaps you should try selling 3D assets in addition to offering contract work.
I have a regular job. It's an audio GUI design that I'm interested in. I want to make it my main source of income. Not some stylized props creation. :)

fundorin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:44 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 am You seem to be pretty prolific at modeling, perhaps you should try selling 3D assets in addition to offering contract work.
I have a regular job. It's an audio GUI design that I'm interested in. I want to make it my main source of income. Not some stylized props creation. :)
Haha, I kinda thought you wanted to get money to buy synths :lol:

Anyway, I expect there are not many folks who can say they make a living doing that. Being able
to get to that position on your own would constitute a fair accomplishment no doubt. :)

Best of luck to you :tu:

Very impressive work.

fundorin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:22 am Every audio gear collector should have a drum machine

01. outrun square.jpg

02. plaid.jpg

03. dots.jpg

04. top.jpg

05. bottom.jpg
i have this!!!
mine was previously owned by chris carter of throbbing gristle :D

pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 pm Haha, I kinda thought you wanted to get money to buy synths :lol:
Nah. I need money so that I could model and design more audio gear. :phones:
pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 pm Anyway, I expect there are not many folks who can say they make a living doing that. Being able
to get to that position on your own would constitute a fair accomplishment no doubt. :)
Still wondering how to interest audio companies so that they would contact me with a job offer. I know exactly two people who does 3D design for audio companies, but their stories were:
1) was suggested by a friend, who personally knew someone from a company's top management
2) met a developer by chance on a real life 3D event
So, yes, not very inspiring.
pekbro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:31 pm Best of luck to you :tu:
It certainly won't hurt. Or, maybe, some dev or rep would see this topic and decide to hire me. Who knows.

i hope the fundorin isn't a dumbulldor cause i don't need to go to there.

your juno 106 is missing a fiber board falling off the bottom that makes the thing feel like an old shoe box held together with masking tape.

about hiring. all of this design stuff is more fun to do than eg. feeding a wood chipper all week. they probably get other people from their black magic human sacrifice glee club to do it. the good news is, you can fit them in a wood chipper.

:)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:29 pm :)
On a scale from 0 to Snoop Lion, how high are you right now?

fundorin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:45 pm
xoxos wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:29 pm :)
On a scale from 0 to Snoop Lion, how high are you right now?
:lol:

fundorin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:22 pm Nah. I need money so that I could model and design more audio gear. :phones:
Money for more free time or software?

Software wise, you should probably want to do it with nurbs via something like Rhino. For synths
curved surfaces likely aren't common enough to be problematic, but trims are going to be super
useful and make for better mesh at the end. Of course, you probably don't need that kind of
integrity for what you are doing. :)

Anyway, Blender is good too.

-Cheers

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”