Synth Used on Europe's The Final Countdown?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any1 have any idea what synth was used for the
lead sound on Europe's The Final Countdown?

Roland Jupiter 8?
Roland JX-8P?
Roland Super JX-10?

I suspect 1 of these 3, I'm sure these synths were available around 1986 :/

Any1 know if there's any sites giving info on synths used in commercial records?

Cheers
Tecnos

You might want to check this thread. It gets mentioned in it quite a lot according to the search engine.

Hi :D
If you are after the sound i suggest that you try out Superwave p8
Link: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/708.html

Use patch number 14 called "final countdown"

Was it the final.... ?

donkey tugger wrote:Was it the final.... ?
:D, it almost sounds like the KX76 and JX-8P they used...

/ Lex Strooder

I recently saw a band called Señor Señor who did spoofs of epic rock anthems in a mariachi stylee.
They finished the set on Final Countdown with the lead line played on a cornet.

Tecnos wrote:Any1 have any idea what synth was used for the
lead sound on Europe's The Final Countdown?

Cheers
Tecnos
It was the Oberheim Matrix 1000.

wishes,

my tip is also an Oberheim..

omg, just remembering joey tempest, what a nutter :hihi:
peace, Image

hmmm joey tempest a nutter? how so?
i could be wrong but i think he is mega talented. i looked up europe's biography a while back.. cant remember exact details but from what i remember joey tempest wrote all of europe's songs, which is not bad condiering they went platinum in so many countries, sold heaps of records, broke into europe, asia and the USA, oh and i thnk he was only 23 years old at the height of their fame. not bad for a 23 year old! so he may be a nutter but man.. the dude's got talent, and a good voice too.. i mean he could sing better than justin timberlake.

ofcourseofcourse!! :) ..respect to all of his work, I was just referring to his "look" back in the 80ies :hihi: ...I should have specify "nutter" more.. :P :wink:
peace, Image

nuffink wrote:I recently saw a band called Señor Señor who did spoofs of epic rock anthems in a mariachi stylee.
They finished the set on Final Countdown with the lead line played on a cornet.
Best version I saw was on 'pebble mill' or whatever the bbc's dinnertime shite programme was called at that time, done by a salvation army brass band, but with the solo done by some sally army c**t with a bright yellow and pink horrible Steve Vai stylee guitar....bizzare. :shock:

Three close up pics of the keyboardist in a live performance of 'The Final Countdown' :

pic1

pic2

pic3

So the answer is ... ? :) :?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

once I was chilling on the countryside in a small village and next to me the local polka-brassband(ya know the typical um-ta-ta kinda vibe :hihi: ) were rehearsing....suddenly...final countdown- polkastylee!! :-o ..helarious..a pitty that I didn´t record.. :hihi:
peace, Image

Timfonie wrote:Three close up pics of the keyboardist in a live performance of 'The Final Countdown' :

pic1

pic2

pic3

So the answer is ... ? :) :?
fecking dx7! :o
peace, Image

The top looks like a Yamaha DX7 or KX76... but is that for the lead or the background pad ?

What I want is a picture of his left hand :)

/ Lex

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”