Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agreed! Many pictures in this thread have inspired me to try different things.
I usually have cat toys all over my gear. I take them off for the pictures but I should leave them be next time. I often play with my cats while working on music but they also make interesting sounds which can be run through FX. :D

Hehe, each to their own etc. Reminds me of a good friend at work. His desk is utterly regimented whereas mine is...well you've seen the pics. When he goes to make brew I like to move his pens just slightly off the right angle. :hihi: A small victory for the messy.

donkey tugger wrote:Image
Jesus. Do you actually live in that place? :o
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Jesus. Do you actually live in that place? :o
I don't think you want to see a kitchen picture.

justin3am wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:What a relief.
Someone worst than me.
That is how a studio is supposed to look :borg:

I detest those studio interviews in Future Music et al, with artist showing off their all clean environment, with their grey sterile Macs, and the occasional Star Wars figure :bang:
+1! How do those guys work in a studio without cables running everywhere?
All my cables run mostly straight between devices, are mostly hidden, and have all their slack looped and tied. It's still a PITA at times, because that's how wires are, especially if you move anything around. I hate clutter, but "wireless everything" is a pipe dream.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:I hate clutter, but "wireless everything" is a pipe dream.
I can't even begin to imagine the problems connected to making every single connection in an average studio wireless, but it would be amazing if it worked. As long as you remember what is connected to what.

Huh, seems a lot of users got problems with wires.

What happend to?: I dream of wires

Jace-BeOS wrote:All my cables run mostly straight between devices, are mostly hidden, and have all their slack looped and tied
So you are a very neat and tidy person then.

Neat and Tidy = Good

Loose wires, messy studio = Bad
:borg:

DJ Warmonger wrote:Jesus. Do you actually live in that place? :o
Do you live in your own studio ?

Sleeping bag tucked under the DX7 stand...

Numanoid wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Jesus. Do you actually live in that place? :o
Do you live in your own studio ?

Sleeping bag tucked under the DX7 stand...
I have learned to label my cables.
All of them and sometimes from both ends.
Took me a while to figure that out. Dah!

Numanoid wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:All my cables run mostly straight between devices, are mostly hidden, and have all their slack looped and tied
So you are a very neat and tidy person then.
I try. I don't have the cash to make all the cables the right lengths, the room is tiny, and USB hubs are always a center of cable messes on the desk. But that photo of power cables earlier in the thread... No way! :o :-D

My cats also make it hard to be tidy. :-D They're not allowed up on the floor where the "studio" is.
Kalamata Kid wrote:I have learned to label my cables. All of them and sometimes from both ends. Took me a while to figure that out. Dah!
I do the same. It really helps, especially with USB hubs. I even used to use a label printer but the plastic layers fall apart and the tape is too costly; I now use art masking tape and a CD marker :-/
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

DJ Warmonger wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Image
Jesus. Do you actually live in that place? :o
That is a picture of a person who is more into their art than making art of their studio :lol:

Show me the FC!!!!!!

It's been a year exactly I haven't performed with the spaceship, so i decided to call it quits for this setup, so lots of gear went back to being available for other uses (like guitar pedals for guitar instead of drums)

see http://imgur.com/gallery/x8plZ for hi quality gif or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8irCV29VDw link for the thing on video

Close ups
Studio B (well the laptop, soundcard, ADDA converter and preamp) plus the "processing" part of the main setup (KP2 and 3, Nord) and the guitar amp

The reconfigured Racks

main workspace (still arranging it)

Even closer ups

f**k shit up corner (connected to outs and ins 3-8 on the MOTU)

4 ins 4 outs for the "B" studio

Pop up rack hasn't changed too much

Old School! nothing in this picture was made after the 90's (except the power conditionner i guess (not even sure lol)

"new" school rack, 12 mic inputs, 4 lines, 4 digital, 22 outputs, 4 independant monitor mixes (Qmix still in the drawer with the 8 outs of the ADA8000 feeding stereo mix, independant 1-2-3-4 and stereo "return")

i mostly take out what I need for a particular session instead of having everything on (i could not lift the f**ker from the ground with 30 pedals in lol)

Pedals and DI Library (bonus sci fi and harry potter books in french)

Pedals and mics library

My new 2017 Studio

43” Samsung TV/Monitor UN43KU6300FXZA. It is on a modified folding bracket and has a 19” front to back range. It can be moved with one hand.

23” Viewsonic TD2340, 10 touch monitor. It can be pushed back and can slide forward. It can slide under the Samsung. The XotoPad is used as the midi keyboard.

Below qwerty keyboard that can slide under the Viwesonic but can also extend outward even beyond the desk top if need be. (it is weighted in the back so it is very stable)

Bellow is the Huion 1060Pro+ Graphic tablet that slides under the desktop, for Photoshop work.

To the right is the iPad Air connected to the music computer with the iConnectMidi2+ located above and the right of the Morantz Receiver.

On the desktop left is the Shuttle Pro2.

An extra qwerty keyboard to the left when the main keyboard is inaccessible.

Below that is the Presonus Firebox.

Behind the Firebox I the Kurzweil Expressiomate controller. The ribbon sits under and behind the Viwesonic when not in use. When used it seats on top and in the rear of the Viewsonic.

Studio Speakers are Events 20/20 bas and the 20/20 System Subwoofer on the floor with the speaker facing my feet. Gets breezy sometimes.

On the upper left hand (hard to see) are my K240 monitor headphones.

The Morantz 2230 powers and two Advent and two Infinity hifi speakers.

My 2016 Studio viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&start=3720
My 2020 Studio viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=7777146#p7777146
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat May 23, 2020 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”