Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PACE Anti-Piracy Inc, the makers of iLok, are announcing the new 3rd generation iLok. Its half the size of an iLok2.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Here's my current set-up. It's all on the dinette table in the main cabin of the yacht I live on. I have it like this when I am practising but when I am doing normal grunt work on the PC, the Roli is packed away in its foam case, the KeyStep is on the laptop stand and the laptop is in front of me on the table.

You can see the Waldorf Rocket and Pulse 2 above the Yamaha AG06 mixer, which is also our USB audio I/O device. The KeyStep has a MIDI Out cable going to the Pulse 2, which in turn has a cable going from it's Out to the Rocket's MIDI In, and can also do USB MIDI to the laptop at the same time.

What you can't see are the tiny Audioengine A2 monitors behind the Rocket and the laptop. I've had them for more than five years now and I am still really happy with them. I always make the effort to confirm and tweak mixes on my bigger Wharfedales but these days they just confirm that I got it right on the A2s.

http://imgur.com/PkY3r0O

Sorry it's just a link but I couldn't get the image to show up inside the post.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Cool setup, how are you finding the rise ?

Here's my current set-up. It's all on the dinette table in the main cabin of the yacht I live on.
When I posted my studio setup, I forgot to mention I live on a submarine, a yellow one.
My periscope doubles as a controller.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

topaz wrote:Cool setup, how are you finding the rise ?
It's great. Of course, it's no replacement for a normal MIDI controller, hence the new KeyStep as well, but I use it more like a hardware synth with the standalone version of Roli's Equator. But I'm in the process of moving everything from Orion to Bitwig so maybe once I work out Bitwig a bit more I'll be able to use the Rise more like a controller.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
It's great. Of course, it's no replacement for a normal MIDI controller, hence the new KeyStep as well, but I use it more like a hardware synth with the standalone version of Roli's Equator. But I'm in the process of moving everything from Orion to Bitwig so maybe once I work out Bitwig a bit more I'll be able to use the Rise more like a controller.
I agree that the Rise is no substitute for a normal controller. It is amazing for doing that thing it does, but when you want to play conventional parts, you still want a conventional keyboard. I see a lot of people with the Keystep these days...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Yeah, KeyStep is really nice, especially for mini keys. The aftertouch, in particular, is just about the best I've ever used, or it was until I got the Roli.

Ok cheers, I'm tempted ;-)

BONES wrote:

Latest setup. Nothing too fancy.
1024.jpg
1025.jpg
1026.jpg

I've a bit more too, but it's my camera, editing gear, lighting and audio capture gear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:borg:

I can see the box but where is the Seaboard?

Here's my home setup/studio. It's contantly growing because of GAS :hihi:

Nice setup.
Do you use a midi controller or multi-channel audio interface?
Going by the sparseness of the cabling it seems your not wired that way.

annode wrote:Nice setup.
Do you use a midi controller or multi-channel audio interface?
Going by the sparseness of the cabling it seems your not wired that way.
There's a reason why the chair stands where it does :lol: and to the right of the table you'll find connections for the V-Synth, Blofeld, XV5080 and X-Station and you cannot see that on the picture.The DX7 is plugged into a socket on the opposite wall.
Neither the Roland A90 controller or Akai Advance have built in interfaces. The X-Station does but I don't use it. I have an E-Mu Tracker pre but it's from 2009 so I'm probably gonna replace it soon.

There's a reason why the chair stands where it does :lol:
I think I understand what you mean.
You answered in a vague round-about way.
It just seems like a difficult way to produce...with all those separate keyboards.(assuming no multi-instrument midi interface and multi-channel audio interface/or outboard audio mixer into a stereo audio interface)
Like if I had an auto with a steering wheel for every seat and I had to jump to another seat position to turn left and another to turn right and so on.

I did read about the Advance becoming a plugin, so I can understand that...and if you use the A90 only as a usb controller.
It was a simple question but got a complex answer. :shrug:

annode wrote:
There's a reason why the chair stands where it does :lol:
I think I understand what you mean.
You answered in a vague round-about way.
It just seems like a difficult way to produce...with all those separate keyboards.(assuming no multi-instrument midi interface and multi-channel audio interface/or outboard audio mixer into a stereo audio interface)
Like if I had an auto with a steering wheel for every seat and I had to jump to another seat position to turn left and another to turn right and so on.

I did read about the Advance becoming a plugin, so I can understand that...and if you use the A90 only as a usb controller.
It was a simple question but got a complex answer. :shrug:
OK let me see if I understand your question correctly then. English isn't my first language after all.I have an USB 2 in/ 2 out USB audio interface going into my mixer that has all my synths connected. Some of these have direct USB connections but the older ones (Roland XV5080, DX7 and A90) have separate USB Midi Interfaces going into either the PC or a powered USB hub.
I turn my seat when playing the different boards but that's pretty much all the movement I make except for operating the turntable.
I only turned on the advance because of the photo, but I never use it. It's an overpriced piece of crap because of promises not being kept, buggy software, no updates for 1,5 year and an extreme lack of support on Akai's end. Basically, they do not care once they got your money. I consider it unsalable too since it's a joke!
That's how I set things up, and that's all I can tell you, I'm afraid.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”