Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has this now become another 'I cant comprehend why anyone would do anything different from me so it must be wrong' thread now that BONES is here.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oops, you forgot to tell him about Donnington and Kruegerstein...

Must try harder!

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am Has this now become another 'I cant comprehend why anyone would do anything different from me so it must be wrong' thread now that BONES is here.
I'm with Bones here. Of course you're free to do whatever you please, but I'd like to know what is rationale behind it. :wink:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am Has this now become another 'I cant comprehend why anyone would do anything different from me so it must be wrong' thread now that BONES is here.
I'm with Bones here. Of course you're free to do whatever you please, but I'd like to know what is rationale behind it. :wink:
So would be whether you accept a rationale or reject it with 'i wouldnt do that so I dont see the point' and ask for a rationale of the rationale...

the rationale behind it is easy, it suits my needs and goals.

justin3am wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 am
BONES wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 pm Serious question - what do you do with all that? As in, if you get a free afternoon to spend in front of it all, what do you do? To me it looks like a seriously good way to ensure nothing ever gets done.
It's just like any instrument. It requires some dedication, practice and technique to get "useful" results. But you can have fun experimenting, in no time, if you don't have any specific results in mind.

If someone sat me down with a Saxophone I probably wouldn't even be able to get sound from it for a while. I can put together a modular synth patch that does something cool in about two minutes. Maybe I should do a video like that.
yeah, knowing what the f**k you're doing goes a long way! :lol:

Bones cannot get it through his head people like to do things differently to him. Everything not to his liking is therefore wrong.

I’m sure you’re not like that. In fact I’ve seen numerous examples of your behavior that indicates you like to listen and learn :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:45 pm
Bones cannot get it through his head people like to do things differently to him. Everything not to his liking is therefore wrong.
Exactly. There's nothing that resembles genuine curiosity in those kind of questions; its an implication that whatever is being questioned is inherently unsound and needs validated. If a response is given, it too is questioned; the undermining is iterative.

tbh if you can't reprogram a standard "growl bass" or "distorted lead" close enough on a mono/poly i can totally understand why you could be intimidated by a modular set up.

I once did a "Modular fart" patch, but it stank.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm I once did a "Modular fart" patch, but it stank.
proof that your sound design is "shit".
Last edited by vurt on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:)

cgnat wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am Image
:)

Kitty showing complete disdain for any form of mice.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

^ :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”