Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only have the one "proper" fully modular synth. Its a Pittsburgh Modular VRL and its still baffling the f**k outta me. I've got as far as getting some farty sounds from it, but nothing useful :hihi:

I actually have enough patch cables, but I still want to get some more so I can have them in the exact sizes I want. tbh honest, I haven't bought any cables in a couple years though.

*Also I'd like them to match, I don't enjoy having many different design types.

pekbro wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:18 pm I actually have enough patch cables, but I still want to get some more so I can have them in the exact sizes I want. tbh honest, I haven't bought any cables in a couple years though.

*Also I'd like them to match, I don't enjoy having many different design types.
That's where you and I differ. I'd ideally like for every single one of my synth patch cables to look unique. That way, it's much easier to trace the wiring from point A to point B, without getting confused about "which white cable out of these thirty white cables in this tangled rat's nest of white cables" is the other end of this white cable connected to my VCF cutoff? :hihi:

There's a good reason factories color code wiring harnesses inside electronic equipment! :D
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

I don't need to trace wiring in the modular at least. To me it's a mechanical system, and because
of that I always know what is going on and what I'm doing as my brain works that way. I can also recreate a patch from memory later on. :borg:

I think there was a time when I wanted to do color coded patches cables but I gave up on that. I like having lots of colors, it makes it more fun to patch and (not that it matters) I think it looks neat. Like abstract art.

I end up with a lot of black cables though and I notice that when I'm in a bad mood I tend to grab those before the more colorful ones. If my synths are patched with all black cables, it's probably best to give me some room. :lol:

@Pekbro: I have excellent patch memory as well, because I'm constantly thinking in terms of signal flow anyway. I do everything I can to defeat that part of my brain. It's always spoiling all of the surprises and wonder!

Updated my DAW less standing synth area with a Wavestate. One good latched arp and you don't really need a sequencer!

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That looks like a fun setup!

Here is a shot of my banana rack...

justin3am wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 pm Here is a shot of my banana
:o

I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.

justin3am wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.
And the "usual suspect" could.not.resist. :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

usual? how insulting!

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:15 pm
justin3am wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm I was hoping someone would take one of these banana posts out of context. :lol: I'm making it really easy.
'unusual' suspect more like.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:42 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:15 pm
'unusual' suspect more like.
Indeed... :dog: {sigh} what was I thinking. :hihi:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

tcc_desk_demos_2021_web.jpg

Demoing some plugins ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”