Kontakt 6 etc.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which are the relevant new things in the Kontakt 6?
Btw, are these major updates (5->6) always chargeable for the previous version users?

One comment concerning the NI Access: for some reason the Access tries to force installing always the 32 bit version, besides the 64 bit, although the user had only 64 bit DAW. If you delete the installed 32 bit . dll in your computer, the Access status becomes "repair". Stupid.
And other idiosyncrasy is the fact, that the NI Access can't uninstall the products. Nor does the OS uninstaller work with the Access installed plugins (Access status stays as "repair").
The only way to correct NI product installation, seem to use special "NI uninstaller tool", and the re-install the product via the Access.

This is stupid: you have to the NI plugin manager (Access), but the "manager" is unable really to manage things, e. g. uninstallations, there you hace to download an other NI tool. :dog:

It's really just a matter of telling preferences where you want something installed. I have repaired a number of things. If the thing is not in the directory you are now installing to, yes you may have to manually remove that.

I didn't think there was any NI Uninstaller anymore. I somehow ended up with a couple of things that weren't in the Applications/Native Instruments folder, and NA, by repairing them, moved them (as far as its use of) to my preference (the norm, as prescribed there).

The uninstaller removed preferences and Application Support (if on Windows, I don't know what those are called) in addition to deleting the application and plugin. The thing is, though that this is not really necessary. The plugin or the standalone application are going to rebuild preferences once run, and the other things are generic to NI, it's in the same location as it will be.

I think you're conceptualizing it all as more complicated than it is.

Because of the migration, I had to reestablish ALL of my NI authorization thru NA. It was about as painless as it gets.
People are reporting problems in here which are a problem because of internet connectivity; which I have experienced, it's a hassle.

There is however the possibility it fails to 'repair' or something somehow on Windows.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New in 6: there is a Wavetable synth engine; there are Developer Tools; there are some new synth libraries which use the Wavetable engine. And one old thing, Retro Machines in a Mk2 version which is thrown in for free. Which may use the wavetable thing, I don't know, not installing anything other than the Ethereal Earth which is a pretty great sounding thing.

Thank you for commenting. ;-)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”