Looking for drum samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
KVRer
12 posts since 26 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 am

Hi guys!
New to EDM drum sounds. I'm looking for drum samples similar to the ones in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icdd6NcePaU

Any ideas?

KVRian
683 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:40 am

Most EDM has electronic drums from drum machines, synths, and samples which are often layered. This site is quite popular for those kind of sounds - https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php

However, your example sounds like rock with acoustic drums -- reverb on the snare. You can find acoustic drum samples at various sample pack sites, and there are some freebies out there, too. But it seems most user a drum program like Superior Drummer, EZdrummer, Addictive Drums, BFD, Steven Slate Drums, etc.

MT Power Drum Kit is a nice free drum program for acoustic drums - https://www.powerdrumkit.com

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:59 am

Thanks for your answer telecharge! I actually have Superior Drummer, but I can't figure out how he layered the snare. In addition to the reverb it sounds like some form of white noise or something on top. Don't know how to make drums sound that big. I'll check the kb6 site!

KVRian

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:30 am

This might be helpful...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_CLFQAFzY

If not, you might want to try your luck in the Production Techniques forum - viewforum.php?f=62

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:41 am

Nice, thanks for sharing!

KVRAF
29491 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:45 am

Sounds like splapback delay on the snare (maybe on the whole kit).

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:47 am

Thanks for your reply thecontrolcentre, I'll read up on this as well!

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 am

Anyone know if it's possible to trigger a sample to go along with the snare in Superior Drummer? I know I can use side chaining to add white noise. Difference is that the white noise is constant and I'd like a sample with automation like a filter sweep, adsr etc. Or do I have to cut and paste for each snare?

KVRian

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:06 am

Metzik wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 am
Anyone know if it's possible to trigger a sample to go along with the snare in Superior Drummer? I know I can use side chaining to add white noise. Difference is that the white noise is constant and I'd like a sample with automation like a filter sweep, adsr etc. Or do I have to cut and paste for each snare?
There might be an easier way, but can't you assign the sample to a kit piece you're not using and trigger it at the same time as the snare?

If you already have the performance recorded, you can duplicate the snare MIDI track and have it trigger a different sample. Another option is to bounce the snare track to audio then use a drum replacement tool to substitute your sample.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am

telecharge wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:06 am
There might be an easier way, but can't you assign the sample to a kit piece you're not using and trigger it at the same time as the snare?

If you already have the performance recorded, you can duplicate the snare MIDI track and have it trigger a different sample. Another option is to bounce the snare track to audio then use a drum replacement tool to substitute your sample.
Ah, yes of course! Never thought of reusing the same midifile but with another sample :dog: Gonna try this and have the replacement option in the back of my mind in case. Many thanx for the help!

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am

Turns out the snare is from Damage and the rest of the kit to I imagine. No wonder they sound so bombastic :P

KVRian

Post Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:16 am

Heavyocity? I'm not too familiar with cinematic stuff, but that makes sense. Glad you were able to get an answer!

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am

telecharge wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:16 am
Heavyocity? I'm not too familiar with cinematic stuff, but that makes sense. Glad you were able to get an answer!
Yes, Heviocity :) Some really cool sounds in Damage! It was a relief to find this out. I learned some other stuff as well, great learning experience :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”