Kingston Drums resuscitated

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shameless spam continues...

http://kingstondrums.bombsquad.org/

is finally back online. Just thought that instead of digging up older threads, it's better to announce it this way.

If there's still mappings floating out there that aren't on the site... please :)

Also, a few of the available ones are either missing the creator's name or I haven't been told what name to put in there (that's you, PW! :D)

Cheers and all that touchy-feely stuff,

the webmonkey
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

[edit]
In case someone pops in now for the first time, the site is actually at

http://www.michaelkingston.fi/kingstondrums/

[/edit]

More Shamell's Spam.

A respectful nod at jmh's direction for resurrecting the good ol' kingstondrums site. Not only is the server back online, but the content is revised and updated, with a big plentiful of supported formats now. Thanks to all the contributors. And hey, the site looks even better now!

I would like to chime in what has happened to kingstondrums over the years.

It started originally back in 1999-2000 when I created these kits for my personal use. I was dissatisfied with the drums sample library crop at the time. They had no balls, and if they did they were overproduced and hence difficult to use in a mixdown context. BFD was still a just a twinkle in Skots and Angus's eyes.

At some point, having used them extensively for years already, I thought to share them free online. At this point jmh jumped in to create the site, and the original release created a reasonable buzz. During the time the site has been down, I've been surprised to see people looking for these drumkits. I fully expected them to have fallen out of grace, outdated as they are by todays standards (I use BFD myself nowadays).

As a satisfying sidenote,

I left a clause in the kingstondrums license that if you were to use them commercially, you need to drop me a line. Because of this I have some knowledge on where the kits have been used over the years. There have been several soundtracks where it has been extensively featured, and some (rather obscure) commercial releases around the world. More than everything the kits have been featured on countless underground/hobbyist type releases, especially on many forums (google was my friend when researching this).

Anyway, have fun with the kits. :)
Last edited by Kingston on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanx jmh ... missed this first time round

kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

good to see them back!

The mp3 links are dead :(

Wolfen666 wrote:The mp3 links are dead :(
Oh well. can't have a site relaunch without a few glitches, eh? :oops:

Wait untill this evening and we'll fix 'em. :wink:

Good stuff guys :)

btw. Kingston I just noticed that you live almost in my neighbour from your site (the same street, couple of blocks away) 8)
-- Sami

Shamell Spam here again. Bumping old thread to let you know that the drums are now also available at the 'KVR Torrents' aka SampleTorrents site.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1951161 tells you what the dealio is.

:)
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

...and the sly bastard that I am, I will post the direct link:

http://www.sampletorrents.com/details.p ... c3443ba91a

:clown:

will be seeding whenever the box is online.

Michael, thank you for letting us share these on the site. I asked in the other thread about whether or not there was permission to distribute these via torrent. But I didn't see this thread. It's a great addition to the site. I just wanted to be sure!

Is there any way you could send me an email with permission to distribute via the Sample Torrents site? It can be exclusive, so it doesn't go around everywhere, or however you like. That way, if anyone sends me a message wondering, I have your official permission!

Thanks again, and sorry to be a hastle! I want these kits to get out there, as they really are great kits!

Brent
My host is better than your host

thanks for the kind words koolkeys. consider this message the official permission to use them at the site. jmh (the kingstondrums webmaster and a good friend) is the original seeder, me second, so I doubt there will be problems of any kind.

Besides, in the case of a lapse to other torrentsites, at least the documentation will always direct users to the kingstondrums.bombsquad.org site. :wink:

Very good point. I just wanted to be sure! It's a great addition to the site! Thank you again!

Brent
My host is better than your host

I still have some alternate EXS mappings around (sort of GM compatible), they should load fine in Kontakt as well, so in case anybody wants them, let me know.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:I still have some alternate EXS mappings around (sort of GM compatible), they should load fine in Kontakt as well, so in case anybody wants them, let me know.
mail them to me at "info [atSPAMbleh] michaelkingston.fi" and we'll include them at the site. I remember when you did these and find it odd we don't already have them.

(lot's of 3rd party maps at +10 separate threads through the years and you got buried under.. whoopsie.)

Yeah, I only hosted them on my ISPs website temporarily I think...
Will mail them as soon as I find them (hopefully in some minutes, but you never know).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”