Squidfont and S J Orchestral Soundfonts Available.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am also not saying that these are definitely illegal.
I just have serious reservations.

Thank you man!

Count_fuzzball wrote:It just annoys me that whenever something like this is released, someone goes 'Oi, they MUST be illegal because they're free!'.

What do people not get about giving things to the community?

Take a look at, say Guray Dere's soundfonts or mats helgesson's clarinet, piano (giga and sf2), guitar and drums soundfonts. They're all legal and free..

While I mention it:

Soni Musicae's site as well has got two sampled harpsichord, a house organ and a diatonic organ that they released for free: http://sonimusicae.free.fr/accueil-en.html
I'm not saying that it MUST be illegal because it's free. I'm saying that Squidfont has samples directly from Miroslav Vitous orginal library that were never authorized to be given away for free. And for anyone who doesn't think they're the same samples, believe me, there's no mistaking it. If you had Squidfont, and Miroslav Philharmonic, you could compare side by side. They are the same original samples. Whether you care or not is up to you. The fact is, they ARE the original Miroslav samples, and this was NOT a case of "giving things to the community."

If you really believe that Squidfont is legit, then email IK Multimedia, who handles Miroslav Philharmonic, or Ilio, who still handles the orginal Miroslav Vitous libraries from before IK got them and converted them to Sampletank. Ask either of them if the Miroslav samples were ever released for free to be made into a soundfont or whatever the case. If you do that, and they respond in the affirmative, show me the email and I'll stand corrected and I'll admit it.

Also, FWIW, I wasn't specifically talking about squidfont when I said 'Most people think that this must be illegal because it's free'. I was refering to software/samples in general.

But I really won't bother debating whether or not Squidfont is illegal or not... If it was illegal, then it would have been taken down a long time ago for copyright infringement.

That's my stance on it at least.

anyway thanks for posting these for us...I had the squidfont and sj a long time ago but they got lost along the way...curious to hear the bellatrix though

No problem, hope ya enjoy them!

bump for anyone that wants these soundfonts.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”