Vowel Ensemble Choir Pack FREE!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[quote="sorohanro"]Maybe Papelmedia Ahh choir?[/quote

Yeah i already know about that, that's a soundfont.

And i have a ton of those.

I was asking about Kontakt choirs that are free..

besides this one if a anyone has found one.

Spitfire31 wrote:Well, I've been up and down that FB page I don't know how many times and I sure can't find any download link for the Kontakt version, which I'm really curious about.

Why can't you just publish a download link like everybody else, here on KVR? Or at the very least publish the name of the link, so I can use Find in Firefox to locate it in this interminable ribbon of status updates?

There is no tab 'links' in FF on Mac. And I have an FB account, so I'm logged in.

This hide and seek only breeds frustration and bad karma.:cry:

/Joachim
The link was also here in several threads (just search for my name) and here I'll post it again.
http://mihaisorohan.blogspot.no/2012/06 ... -from.html
burkek wrote:I hate it when people/companies make it a requirement to have a Facebook account to get things. It's utter stupidity to think having an account is ubiquitous among the world's population. It is not.
Kev
Well, to like a page on Facebook is not such a great effort, but if it is, here's the link again (upper).

Philofhatsandgames wrote: Yeah i already know about that, that's a soundfont.
And i have a ton of those.

I was asking about Kontakt choirs that are free..

besides this one if a anyone has found one.
Well, for some time I was on a very low budget and I developed a quite good skill to find freebies, legal.
I was in need of a choir and beside the Papelmedia I couldn't find anything, so that's why I made it.

Thank you very much, Mihai!

Best,

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Wow! Seeing a sample like this (and a Free one at that!) makes me extremely happy - you can't imagine how many times I've actually wanted to emulate a choir, that sings the lyrics (usually I end up recording real people, or asking for help from friends with EWSO symphonic choirs, which I can't afford at the moment). The only thing I want to ask is - will there be a giga version of it (or sf2 or sfz)? Or is it limited only to NI Kontakt? Normally I work on linux and loading vst in the linux daw's is not always the best solution. So it'll be great if the sample is in a format, which is supported by LinuxSampler or Qsynth...
http://www.plamen-tsvetanov.org (my personal webpage)
http://www.youtube.com/user/plamentsvetanov (my youtube channel - you can watch me play the piano, or just listen to some of my songs)

A clean sfz patch would indeed be the best for Linux.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I'm not having any kind of experience with making SFZ but feel free to make patches and I'll include a link to them on my blog.
How to get the wav files? just open the patch in Kontakt player and save the patch with samples separately (save as/ patch+samples), then import them in your favorite sampler.

I would gladly do it myself, but unfortunately I'm not so familiar with sample library building - I can only program my oscilators to sound the way I want them to sound (for exaple I managed to mimic BellsHigh by SimSynth with the default lmms triple oscilator). I'm afraid making a whole library in whatever format is beyond me (though I saw a pretty simple gig editor, which is actually a part of linuxsampler)..
To be honest, once I tried to make a sf2 library, but it was a disaster.
http://www.plamen-tsvetanov.org (my personal webpage)
http://www.youtube.com/user/plamentsvetanov (my youtube channel - you can watch me play the piano, or just listen to some of my songs)

sorohanro wrote:
Samples will be made available separately together with the .nkg files (separate layers) but until then you can "steal" the samples like this:
- Get the latest Kontakt Player
- Right click on the instrument's name and "save as"
- You'll get a message like "You are saving a demo patch. While recall work the patch will time out... bla bla bla", click ok.
- choose a new separate folder where to save it.
- choose the option "patch + samples" (the patch is saved as "monolith and this option will put the samples into a separate folder).
- TADA !!! you have the samples.

The samples are named with the vowel and put in order (named as marker1, marker2...etc).
I can't find the place where to right click within the player... maybe I'm simplon...

Ooop, I am !

Thanks a lot !

This is a fine free choir library, it sounds very nice and the vowel manipulations really work and sound good. I am using the Kontakt patches and I was also able to separate out the samples by using 'save as patch + samples."

That's when I noticed that the samples in the middle range do not consist of a single pitch! They have the correct pitch according to the range PLUS an added voice one octave lower! For example, listen to the difference between "Cor-Ah - Marker #8.wav" and "Cor-Ah - Marker #9.wav." Marker 8 is Middle C, I think; Marker 9 is one note higher -- but with the addition of "Cor-Ah - Marker #2.wav" which is the male voices singing one octave lower! I do not understand the reasoning behind this.

It is therefore impossible to truly separate the voices so that only the tenors or altos sing, for example, because of these added lower octave voices. Would I be right in guessing that 'Vowel Ensemble Choir Pack Free' was never meant to allow such a thing?

Do you have any samples lying around WITHOUT the octave doubling? I'd like to whip up a Kontakt thing where each range (SATB) sings its full range solo, if possible.

(Keep up the fine work)

Thank you for your very kind words.
The whole choir consists of very few people. Me, my wife, my mother in law, the guitarist and vocalist from my ex rock band, so, it's a very very thin sounding thing if it's not somehow doubled.
At the time, that was the only option available.

It's quite an old project, made out of lack of money (I really wanted Requiem but didn't have the money, so I made myself a choir). At the time I made it only for MuLab, because I didn't have Kontakt. That's why the Kontakt version is made by Symphony of Specters.

I plan for quite a while to make some new libraries. Now I have access to brass bands and choirs. After I fix my studio I will start doing this more serious.

sorohanro wrote:I plan for quite a while to make some new libraries. Now I have access to brass bands and choirs. After I fix my studio I will start doing this more serious.
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it. :hyper:

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Cool stuff! Thanks!

Now, I only need the consonants :D

Mihai is the best guy on the internet! Definitively looking forward to his work.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”