Should i upgrade? Sampletank 3

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

If you wonder about some of the instruments in it, I made a list based on screenshots and descriptions. Honestly it seems like a lot of stuff for 100 bucks and judging by the demos most of the stuff seems like its nice quality (not so much the bagpipes ;P).
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=8383

bigcat1969 wrote:If you wonder about some of the instruments in it, I made a list based on screenshots and descriptions. Honestly it seems like a lot of stuff for 100 bucks and judging by the demos most of the stuff seems like its nice quality (not so much the bagpipes ;P).
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=8383
Great compiled list, thanks!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

same for me.
i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds, to be able to play old ST2 and miroslav content. i simply don't need 33GB of useless (for me!) sounds that i can easily duplicate with my other libraries.
i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.

bosone wrote:same for me.
i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds, to be able to play old ST2 and miroslav content. i simply don't need 33GB of useless (for me!) sounds that i can easily duplicate with my other libraries.
i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.
If you need ST3 engine so much, just buy ST3 complete and then remove the useless (for you) sounds. An "empty ST3 engine" is rather weird as a concept, IMO, being it a rompler and not even a ST2 update, but a brand new instrument (yet capable of ST2 old sounds import).

bosone wrote: i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds,
... i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.
I guess I just don't understand your rationale regarding this matter.
Hmm. So you would pay $30.00 for an update but not $99.99 for an upgrade? If that is the case then the fact you think the engine alone is worth $30.00 puts the remainder of value in a 25-33GB library for $69.99, which is great considering it's given content.
Unless you keep procrastinating and drive the price higher. I guess you could wait for their next Group Buy though.

And for those that may not know, that preorder pricing is over in a couple of days (July 24), then Introductory pricing runs for 2 months after that, then the full pricing is in effect. So we do have the pricing structure for the next couple of months and at least some time beyond that laid out. You can find that information here (this is in reference to a timeframe for any possibility of a Group Buy or promotion and in context of the preorder pricing being the best deal for upgrades for at least that period of time): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

I hope that helps at least a little bit as we've tried to have a ore solid timeline in this case based on some of the feedback we've received in the past.

I thought the upgrade price of €79 was pretty good but then I put it in the basket and VAT was added at 20%. So it's not as cheap as I thought it was. I'm not sure I can justify paying out for yet another VSTi. I have more sounds and plug-ins than I need already. Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3 Peter :)
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And for those that may not know, that preorder pricing is over in a couple of days (July 24), then Introductory pricing runs for 2 months after that, then the full pricing is in effect. So we do have the pricing structure for the next couple of months and at least some time beyond that laid out. You can find that information here (this is in reference to a timeframe for any possibility of a Group Buy or promotion and in context of the preorder pricing being the best deal for upgrades for at least that period of time): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

I hope that helps at least a little bit as we've tried to have a ore solid timeline in this case based on some of the feedback we've received in the past.
My 'Group Buy' comment was a bit of sarcasm, since it appears they only come at the end of the line or when payroll needs to be met during reprogramming the next software. ;)

BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And for those that may not know, that preorder pricing is over in a couple of days (July 24), then Introductory pricing runs for 2 months after that, then the full pricing is in effect. So we do have the pricing structure for the next couple of months and at least some time beyond that laid out. You can find that information here (this is in reference to a timeframe for any possibility of a Group Buy or promotion and in context of the preorder pricing being the best deal for upgrades for at least that period of time): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

My 'Group Buy' comment was a bit of sarcasm, since it appears they only come at the end of the line or when payroll needs to be met during reprogramming the next software. ;)
They are actually run in order to fund the programming of PeterBot 3 (ForumTank is another way to which it is referred) and the tweaking of its algorithms. I've said too much... I must g***CARRIER LOST***

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:

They are actually run in order to fund the programming of PeterBot 3 (ForumTank is another way to which it is referred) and the tweaking of its algorithms. I've said too much... I must g***CARRIER LOST***
I always thought it was the Yacht fund. Competing dev's yacht is now 15 feet longer, must buy new yacht... Time to figure out which product we can rebundle and sell for the 4th time ... Maybe a nice new installer GUI!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

BBFG# wrote:
bosone wrote: i would have payd maybe 30$ for just the ST3 engine, without the sounds,
... i just don't understand IK policy regarding this matter.
I guess I just don't understand your rationale regarding this matter.
Hmm. So you would pay $30.00 for an update but not $99.99 for an upgrade? If that is the case then the fact you think the engine alone is worth $30.00 puts the remainder of value in a 25-33GB library for $69.99, which is great considering it's given content.
Unless you keep procrastinating and drive the price higher. I guess you could wait for their next Group Buy though.
Not to mention that he understands just fine, he just doesn't LIKE the policy. Which is an entirely different issue. It really doesn't matter if he likes the policy or not.

It still amazes me that so many people here still confuse "my personal finances dictate" with "your business needs to be run x way".
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

What is my upgrade price if I miss the July 24th deadline? Right now it shows $99.99.
Not sure why you would make the cut-off date the 24th when most people get paid at the end/beginning of the month.

Kraznet wrote:I thought the upgrade price of €79 was pretty good but then I put it in the basket and VAT was added at 20%. So it's not as cheap as I thought it was. I'm not sure I can justify paying out for yet another VSTi. I have more sounds and plug-ins than I need already. Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3 Peter :)
You can buy from sweetwater for $99 and avoid the taxes :party:

budweiser wrote:
Kraznet wrote:I thought the upgrade price of €79 was pretty good but then I put it in the basket and VAT was added at 20%. So it's not as cheap as I thought it was. I'm not sure I can justify paying out for yet another VSTi. I have more sounds and plug-ins than I need already. Give me 5 compelling reasons why I need Samplertank 3 Peter :)
You can buy from sweetwater for $99 and avoid the taxes :party:
What other vendors are selling it? Does the July 24 cut-off date apply to 3rd party vendors?

None, and yes it applies, afaik.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”