Rarefaction's Textural Ambience CD?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,
Anyone here ever heard of a small sample company called Rarefaction? They're pretty old now but they're most known for the three Poke in the Ear Series, which are absolutely amazing -- the sounds are cutting-edge and the textures are remarkably unique.

I've really been taking a notice in their Textural Ambience CD that Charles Maynes produced, problem is, the CD is sold out and has been sold out for quite some time.

I have one of the best synths on the market today, Omnisphere, which I'm sure many people are thinking, "Why are you looking for a 10+ year old sample CD when you have a whole arsenal of dark, distorted sounds?"
I guess you could say I have developed quite a hobby of seeking out old, unique sample libraries such as the ones Rarefaction's offer.
I've also bought a few of Zero-G's Cuckooland CDs, but unfortunately, they just don't have the edge I'm looking for that Rarefaction has to offer.

I've searched the deepest and darkest corners of the Internet trying to find this CD but I've come out empty handed every time.
Now, I do understand that the CD is extremely old, but I would honestly pay anything to get my hands on that CD.
Would anyone here have any information on this CD and where to obtain it?

Thanks in advance,
- Jason

Hi Jason
I have an original copy of Textural Ambience CD if you are still interested. PM me.

patrickb

Hi Patrick,

Not too long ago I was able to get in contact with the creator, Charles Maynes, about the the CD.
Mr. Maynes stated that he still had the files on his computer and that he did not mind sending them to me, free of charge.

I really appreciate your voluntary assistance, Patrick. It's good to know that someone other than myself purchased Rarefaction's products.

Best Regards,
- Jason

I'd love to learn more about these and see if the creator is still willing to share - do you have contact info?

jdagenet wrote:Hi Patrick,

Not too long ago I was able to get in contact with the creator, Charles Maynes, about the the CD.
Mr. Maynes stated that he still had the files on his computer and that he did not mind sending them to me, free of charge.

I really appreciate your voluntary assistance, Patrick. It's good to know that someone other than myself purchased Rarefaction's products.

Best Regards,
- Jason

jc_vt wrote:I'd love to learn more about these and see if the creator is still willing to share - do you have contact info?

Best Regards,
- Jason
You can still purchase Rarefaction's "Poke in the Ear" Series over at their website: I'm not sure how many copies they have left -- if you're going to purchase them (and I highly recommend you do), purchase them quick.

Here is Charles' website:
http://webpages.charter.net/maynes/char ... lcome.html

His main field of work is designing sound effects (specifically battle/war sounds). As far as I know, he hasn't released a sound sample CD since Textural Ambience.

Best Regards,
- Jason

jdagenet wrote:
jc_vt wrote:I'd love to learn more about these and see if the creator is still willing to share - do you have contact info?

Best Regards,
- Jason
You can still purchase Rarefaction's "Poke in the Ear" Series over at their website: I'm not sure how many copies they have left -- if you're going to purchase them (and I highly recommend you do), purchase them quick.

Here is Charles' website:
http://webpages.charter.net/maynes/char ... lcome.html

His main field of work is designing sound effects (specifically battle/war sounds). As far as I know, he hasn't released a sound sample CD since Textural Ambience.

Best Regards,
- Jason
Very interesting, I'm aiming at a sound designer career and I didn't know about his website. :tu:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
for anyone interested-

I have produced a number of sound effects releases, probably of interest most to the KVR community, a new library which is very much along the lines of the OSC "A Poke In The Ear With A Sharp Stick" series

It is called "Tension" , and is available through Sound Morph-

Jason Payne (of Nitzer Ebb and She Wants Revenge) co-authored the set, and I would like to think it is worth the time to investigate for anyone looking for Dystopian type sounds for their productions.

It can be found here:

https://www.soundmorph.com/product/41/tension (https://www.soundmorph.com/product/41/tension)

Best Regards!

Charles Maynes

hi i recently stumbled upon this, is this still somewhere available? Textural Ambience by charles Maynes
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”