FOS "LOVELY-drumkit" (for Kontakt 5.3.1) / natural vintage sound with 20x RR

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FOS "LOVELY-drumkit" (for Kontakt 5.3.1) / natural vintage sound with 20x RR

Well, this drumkit sounds so lovely.
That's the reason why I called this drumlibrary "LOVELY-drumkit".
This drumkit has got 20x RR (alternative samples) on each velocitylayer on
basedrum, snare, high hat (close/ open) and on three toms; 12x RR on two crashes and two rides.
I recorded a Sonor-kit in our music hall.

It's not a smasher! The "LOVELY-drumkit" sounds so natural, vintage-like,
subtle, imperfect and it got a humanized touch that I missed in a lot of (expensive) drumlibraries out there.
Please take a listen to the examples!

https://soundcloud.com/facets-of-sounds ... ly-drumkit

Here are the main features:
- 3 full kits: close / overhead / combi
- 20x RR on each velocity-layer
- it's not a harddisk-muncher: only 332MB
- GM-mode

I think, you'll enjoy the sound and you'll enjoy to play it with your keyboard.

Best Regards!
FOS (facets of sounds)
Last edited by facets of sounds on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Downloaded already - thanks for the fast reply. I'll test it this weekend but the demos sound like this will be great for one singer I work with. Just taking a quick look, it looks like there are three velocity layers, is that correct?

I tried to optimize the velocity of each instrument for my KORG microKEY.

It's bugging me: everytime I purchased an acoustic drumlibrary, it sounds to perfect for me; and the circulating rhythm was always too suspicious for me.
That's the reason why I did this sweet lib' here.
Last edited by facets of sounds on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

It should also be enough for me, and a lot of other people who program drums for poppy music, or play drums from a keyboard. I think lots of velocity layers (and lots of degrees of hi-hat openness) are more popular with drummers who use electronic controllers and with metal bands. Different kits for different purposes. And in any case I'll use these in tracks with my own bass samples, which also 3-5 VLs and 3-4 RRs.

Those demos sound great

thanks
Last edited by facets of sounds on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Last edited by facets of sounds on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

I tried it, and it *is* lovely

It sounds to me, quite real and natural with characterful charm

Round robins are IMO an often neglected part of sample libraries that helps them live and breathe, I love them

I like this kit better than many other of the big boys products which cost loootsss

Cheers Facets

Love these kinds of character-full homemade libraries. Donation sent- and I'll throw in a little extra after I try it out if it's as good as it sounds!

:)
Last edited by facets of sounds on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thanks
Last edited by facets of sounds on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

my next library is the "uke-LOVELY-strummer"
It's a chord-strummer with, of course, 20x RR

I'm just working on a new drumkit with, of course, 20x RR :D

It sounds dry, a little bit "beckish" or "beatlesque". What do you think about it?
https://soundcloud.com/facets-of-sounds/c-kit

Sounding nice your new drum kit. really love the Lovely kit. keep up the good work. what about 200x round robin? hahhaaa your wife will be happy ;)

cheers my friend
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

you're so LOVELY! :-)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”