Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Does Kontakt 6 allow Nks directly standalone and vst with kk controllers or is Komplete Kontrol software still needed?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

KK will always be needed for NKS.

Good morning Mario,
EvilDragon wrote:KK will always be needed for NKS.
And I understand Komplete Kontrol is also needed in order to use Lightguide on a Kontrol-S or Kontrol-A controller keyboard, right? It can't be used or be activated directly in Kontakt 6, right?

Thanks for confirming... ;)

Kontrol-A has no LightGuide, but yes.

Thanks ED
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Overall as a K10 Komplete owner who updated to R6 I'm a bit underwhelmed by the whole Komplete package although £159 upgrade seems very reasonable to me.

I'm trying to understand what Kontakt 6 will give me in the various modes I use it

1. as a player of 3rd party libraries I already have. Would they sound better? I already have Replika and various reverbs so adding them in as FX into Kontakt isn't really something that interests me. Would it be quicker to create MPE instruments from my existing sound libraries?

2. As a creator of my own little Kontakt instruments - does it have auto sample like Halion 6 does? (as in automatically assigning samples to the create notes in series and topping and tailing them).

3. As a fan of wavetable synths which allow scanning - does this give me anything significantly different from what is available within Halion 6 (and to a lesser extent Falcon but there I think it's more of a faff)
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

EvilDragon wrote:
mholloway wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
You don't need to see, you need to hear. The wavetable oscillator sounds great, the Replika delay and new algo reverbs are stellar. :)

You know what I didn't need inside my sampler, though? A new algo reverb -- I'm covered there, really, truly.

You know what else I didn't need in my sampler? Wavetable synthesis...I'm well covered there, too, really, truly.

You know what else I didn't need in my samler? A delay plugin I already own.
Developers certainly needed those features, tho.
Oh good, I get to pay 99 dollars on behalf of developers, and still pay the huge prices for their libraries, joy!

Yup I'll be doubling my prices for my Kontakt 6 instruments.

bigcat1969 wrote:Yup I'll be doubling my prices for my Kontakt 6 instruments.
LOL...good one.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”